General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am divorcing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Sep 2014 17:27

My eldest dog !
This morning at 2.45am I woke up to see what Mini was barking at, as it wasn´t her usual bark. Just to find that she was playing with a half dead cockroach. :-S
Not impressed, not impressed at all ;-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 21 Sep 2014 17:29

OMG I was shocked

so glad it was a post about your dog lol ;-) ;-) ;-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Sep 2014 17:31

Joy the day I divorce the OH is the day everybody commits me to an asylum.

Edit to say I am more likely to be committed than I am to divorce OH <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ;-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 21 Sep 2014 17:38

well I knew you were so in love
that's why as I turned the page I was relieved haha :-D :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Sep 2014 17:55

bless Joy ..I´d be on your doorstep if ever that happened. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

fear not it would never happen <3

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 21 Sep 2014 18:04

you can land on my door step anytime
even with your beloved in toe xx

so need to divorce him ;-) ;-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Sep 2014 18:13

Same as Joy, you know you all are welcome on my doorstep

ps I take it you mean no need to divorce him :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Sep 2014 18:15

pps I will leave the cockroaches behind :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 ;-) <3

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 21 Sep 2014 18:21

;-) ;-) ;-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Sep 2014 18:36

;-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 21 Sep 2014 18:42

I suspect the half-dead cockroach wasn't too happy with the dog either. But I stand to be corrected.

Cockroaches, especially fat ones, are a delicacy in some quarters. They go well with Mango Chutney, I’m told.

Edit: Cold-tolerant super cockroach discovered in New York. The Periplaneta Japonica, which is mainly found in Japan, can survive harsh winters unlike the species native to New York. Scientists at Rutgers University say that the breed has never been seen in America until now.

The creature was first spotted in Manhattan back in 2012 by a member of pest control who was working on the High Line, a disused part of the New York Railroad that has been turned into a park.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Sep 2014 19:09

Trust me Dermot cockroaches fat or not are not on my or my dogs dining menu, especially those that I have sprayed...
In Spain they are a way of life but I would rather not be woken at 2,45am to my dog playing with one ,,it took me 2 hrs to convince her I had dumped it out of the window ..

I would play with spiders before cockroac....actually no I wouldn´t I wouldn´t play with snakes either but if ya cut off their heads which one lives for weeks
Yes the ruddy roach ...
nasty nasty things :-0

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Sep 2014 21:34

When I was very young we lived in dockland, London, and quite often going to the outside loo at night meant going through the "living room" and the roaches would be basking in front of the open hearth fire grate.......always turned on the light cos its no fun walking over cockroaches......btw they pop when you sweep em into the dying embers of the fire.....

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Sep 2014 22:45

Did you know that if you stamp on a pregnant one then you will carry the babies on your foot. !
nasty, nasty things

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Sep 2014 22:48

and if my 10 yr old wakes me up in the morning then she is up to a good home ;-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Sep 2014 05:27

You fibber, Uzzi!

xxxx