General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Revisions within a tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JohnJ

JohnJ Report 22 Sep 2014 16:23

Afternoon once again to y'all

Another question which must have cropped up before - is it possible for me to transfer a portion of my from one ancestor to another ... I find that the chappie I thought to be my Grandfather has now proved not to be so - I have found the correct Grandpa- but the line from the wrong one down to the present day has about 150+ persons that I would like to move without having to enter all the detail once again - Is this possible in any manner shape or form?

As before - All/any advice will be appreciated

John

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 22 Sep 2014 16:26

this is ez to do with ancestry but as you seem to suspect a lot of work with GRU.

Kense

Kense Report 22 Sep 2014 16:42

Do you have ancestors for the grandfathers in your tree?

If not then just swap the details for the two men.

Possibly if you have access to an off-line Family History Program, you coud create a gedcom make the changes offline and import a revised gedcom to your Genes tree. That won't be any good if you have photos or records attached to the tree.