General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OH NO! not again...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 23 Sep 2014 11:24

Brothers marrying sisters... :-(

They marry about the same time and both parties have children.
Now the "game" is to match the children up with the correct parents as all the children have the same surname and mother`s mmn. and are all registered in the same district.
Seems the only way to find out which child belongs to which set of parents is to buy all the children's birth certificates, not an option, too expensive.
If this sort of things happens within census records you can work out whose children belong to who by looking at the family group.
These recent ones I have just come across are within the last 70 or so years so hence no census records to compare, but saying that the Electoral records can and do help sometimes . (ie; if some of the children are still living with their parents).

Whilst perusing over this, it suddenly struck me that the wife and I are in the same situation my Bil just happens to have the same surname as myself and is married to my wife's sister.
So their children and our children, have the same surname and mothers maiden name.

Its all good fun aint it. So many angles to look at... Good game! Good game!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Sep 2014 11:29

Initially, I thought you were talking about incest :-0 :-D

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 23 Sep 2014 11:35

Morning Maggie, sweetie :-)

Don't think that's quite legal... Yet
:-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Sep 2014 12:08

:-D :-D