General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hallelujah!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Sep 2014 19:02

Having waited six weeks with no income apart from what OH can bring in from a few odd bits of work, we have been allowed £113 a week, backdated to 5th September.

It won't take long to clear the mighty overdraft.

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Sep 2014 19:43

I'm glad you've finally got something Sharron :-) :-)

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 24 Sep 2014 19:46

Am pleased for you Sharron :-)

Emma

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 24 Sep 2014 19:51

So pleased you have some money coming in and back dated. :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 24 Sep 2014 20:05

pleased they have it sorted at last.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Sep 2014 20:09

That is good news, a relief for you.

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 24 Sep 2014 21:49

dont spend it all at once as thay are band to mess up again at some point :-D :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Sep 2014 22:03

Oh a celeb life style in the coming weeks then,,,,

water---? have you got a well.?

gas-.? piped in methane.?

lights -? 24v battery powered,?

food--foraging,,all natural and free.

you'll need some of the above to surive.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 24 Sep 2014 22:04

Sharon, that is brilliant news for you at last. xx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Sep 2014 22:44

Glad you have now got some good news .what beggers me though is how they expect people to live whilst they get the ar..e in gear.

Sister in Law too has been in limbo as our brother died on 31st Aug they were both on benefits cos of his ill health and her being made redundant from her job and been at home looking after him

she applied for the bereavement grant and still not been told what it is and when she will get it .In the meantime the girl has tried to arrange his funeral but being scared to commit herself to the expense as she didnt know what money she will have

its taken over 2 plus weeks to make the arrangements and then to wait for the crematorium to allot the time / In the meantime her hubby ,and our brother, is still awaiting to be put to rest which will be a month after he passed away . She still hasnt been told or given a figure she can work with . Its only looking online that it looks like £2000 but it wont cover the cheapest cremation

Sorry but to have to delay giving your loved one their farewell to me is bureaucracy gone awry somewhere

Something wrong somewhere with these government departments

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Sep 2014 23:43

Good news Sharron, especially if it's backdated.

113 a week.. for two people??? :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Sep 2014 04:11

Great news, Sharron xxxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Sep 2014 04:27

Yes.£113 for two people, which is, at least, £113 more than these two people have been getting for the last six weeks.

In fairness, we do get all but £15 of the rent paid.

We have eaten well while there has been no state income because OH earns a little and we have been spending about £25 a week on groceries.

You would not believe what I can do with beans so, yes, we certainly have a good supply of methane!

As you know, I made poor Fred go out foraging, so we know all about that!

I don't know about bereavement grants. Is that the one for people who died and left absolutely nothing? That one is about £750 I think but what it is supposed to cover is anybody's guess.

Fred's funeral was pretty basic but not the cheapest available because that would have been in a time-slot the crematorium had available and that is usually late in the afternoon but it still cost me a grand on top of his life-insurance.

Basic coffin, celebrant not vicar, no flowers, we catered it, no embalming. The only extra cost was the hire of the tanker and that was cheaper than a wreath from a florist (somebody made ours for us from vegetables, which we later ate!).

It really is a time when you don't need all that worry too.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 25 Sep 2014 08:29

Sharron <3 glad to hear they have agreed to award you something, £113 is not a fortune but better than nought - don't go over the top with your new found wealth :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it - very sad state of affairs about the delay in your brother being lid to rest, must be very distressing for all the family, sadly :-( it is often the case these days that little respect is shown by the authorities to those who face difficulties - I hope it all gets sorted out soon <3