General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MRI Spine Cervical (Neck) Update

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joeva

Joeva Report 25 Sep 2014 15:48

I have an appointment to have this scan done next week.

Has anyone on here had this done in the past ? I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has gone through this procedure and how they found the experience..... just to prepare myself for when it takes place....

If there is anyone who can help me and would rather not answer on here, please pm me ,as I would really like to hear how it was from the patients point of view ....

Thanks for reading,

Jo

Fly

Fly Report 25 Sep 2014 15:52

Can't help you Jo but good luck <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 25 Sep 2014 15:58

Hi Jo :-D <3 wishing you luck and will be thinking of you <3

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 25 Sep 2014 16:05

I haven't had a cervical scan, but I have had an MRI scan of my head and it was no problem.

Unlike the impression given by TV films, the scanner is not a long claustrophobic tunnel, but more like a large tyre in shape. If you are having your neck done, the top of your head may well be out the other side!

It is quite painless. All you have to do is keep still - in my case for about ten minutes.

I hope the results are good.

Joeva

Joeva Report 25 Sep 2014 16:19

:-D Andysmum! Hope there's not a guillotine nearby !

Jo :-D

Joeva

Joeva Report 4 Oct 2014 17:11

Thank you for your good wishes Fly, Mersey and Andysmum.

I have been for the scan today ..... I had my head in a support with my shoulders touching the base of it........ I was wearing ear protectors and was given a 'panic button' to squeeze in case it got too much for me...... the 'hood' of the machine was about 9 inches from my face ..... I kept my eyes closed for most of the time I was in there which was just over 20 minutes... the noise was tremendous even though I had the ear protectors on ... sounded like I was in the middle of a building site !

I will get the results of this scan along with an EMG test I had on Wednesday when I go back to the consultant on the 10th of November....... fingers crossed ! :-)

Thanks again

Jo

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Oct 2014 17:42

Glad it is over for you Jo. Hope the results are ok. :-) <3

Joeva

Joeva Report 4 Oct 2014 18:48

Thanks AnninGlos :-)

I hope that my experience of having this procedure will be helpful to anyone on here who may have to undergo it in the future..... nerve racking but completely painless !

But, I will say nothing about the EMG test I had earlier this week.......unless someone needs to ask !

Jo :-)

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 4 Oct 2014 23:26

Dear Joeva

Hello

Very pleased the procedure went well.

Hope the test results are good.

Take gentle care
With good wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

Elizabethofseasons