General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Before you you tease some one...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 25 Sep 2014 22:22

About them being frightened of "Incy Wincy Spiders", take a look at this.

Result of a bite from the UK False Widow spider. (don't look if you`re a bit squeamish)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/8797943

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 25 Sep 2014 22:41

I ain't even gonna look!

:-0

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Sep 2014 23:17

I don't believe that's a false widow spider bite - it's a botched stitching job though!!

Truth about false widow spiders:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24636116

Some people will have an awful reaction to a spider bite, as will others' to a bee or wasp sting - these can kill some people, some react badly to a simple cat/dog flea bite, it's a fact of life.
Showing the results of a bad reaction that affects a few is pure sensationalism.

Many people have a nut allergy - it's not going to stop me eating them, I have no allergy.

I am, however allergic to lanolin, which is, unfortunately in a lot of make-up removers and moisturisers - it's there to soften the skin. All it does to my skin is turn it into an oozing festering blistering mess.
I suppose I could use some and inform the Daily Mail so there's a mass outcry against lanolin, but I prefer to find a moisturiser and something that removes make up that doesn't contain lanolin.