General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Newspaper Archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 26 Sep 2014 23:01

The above popped up on my facebook page with an offer of first month for £1. Not sure why it appeared and was a tad cynical but it worked for me :-)

Offer ends 30th Sept - anyone else got their month for £1 and found anything interesting?

Explore over 8 million pages of historical newspapers. Enter the code SEPTOFFER. http://goo.gl/Z12bbI

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 26 Sep 2014 23:13

Lyndi, that is great. Hope It pops up on mine. Happy reading. :-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 26 Sep 2014 23:18

It was just a suggested post Sylvia so a bit random - I usually just ignore that sort of post.
There is the option to share the post on facebook so I presume it is an open invitation :-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 26 Sep 2014 23:18

Just to add that you can access British Newspapers through your local library.

All you need is a library membership card with a number that you access the online data.

All FREE.... :-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 26 Sep 2014 23:22

I did try that at one time Mr Magoo and failed miserably lol. But when my month is up will try again, thank you :-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 26 Sep 2014 23:28

Forgot to say that the access is online at home not just in the library.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 26 Sep 2014 23:39

If you get stuck Lyndi i will show you the best way to search library option.

:-)

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 27 Sep 2014 09:10

Thank you Mr Magoo :-)