General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IOS8

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Sep 2014 14:52

Has anyone updated their IPad to IOS8 without a problem?

I have not done mine yet but OH has just done his and found he is locked out of the network (Virgin). :-S

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 29 Sep 2014 15:14

I have had problems also Ann and some have been fixed
after I uploaded 8.2.
I have not put it into my mobile because of the problems
with 8.1

Emma

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 29 Sep 2014 15:14

OH updated on ipad air with no problems at all.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Sep 2014 15:20

I updated it too on my I Pad found it would freeze as I was writing a reply on here

Today I downloaded an update./ bug fix for it and so far no problems

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Sep 2014 15:37

I think I will hang on a bit then. OH seems to have fixed his problem for now.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 29 Sep 2014 15:41

Updated mine to 8.2 a couple of days ago and had no problems so far

Mersey

Mersey Report 29 Sep 2014 16:18

It does seem the 8.2 update has helped....especially after so many bugs etc with 8.0 and 8.1 ........hope it stays that way too :-S

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 29 Sep 2014 17:51

Whenever I see Apple kit proudly on show the word "lemmings" comes into my mind. Whenever they come out with their spasmodic OS upgrades I think "LEMMINGS" this time have bought the farm. Yet they stagger on waving their credit cards and genuflecting to the spirit of St Jobs.

A very expensive way to run unix on very average hardware. In any case Wiley coyote leaves first try of new software releases to Road Runner.
:-D