General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LEGO in short supply ...............

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Sep 2014 01:01

Did any of you get the news last week that LEGO sets may well be in short supply for this Christmas?

Apparently the LEGO movie has resulted in a huge demand for this year's sets .................... and Lego will be unable to fill orders.

The news reports here are that stores, both big box and small toy stores, are getting only about half of what they have ordered ................... and some are getting much less.

The factories have already been re-tooled to produce next year's sets, so there can be no extra production of this year's sets.

So those of you who have children or grandchildren who might want Lego for Christmas ...........................

the advice given to us is ......................... get it when you see 'cos the stores will run out.

My daughter went to her local Science Centre today to pick up a set for our grandson that will be from us (to save us carrying it over there) ................ and the girl in the shop told her that this scarcity IS real.

That little shop usually gets in about £1000 worth of Lego for Christmas, a significant portion of their sales .................. this year, they will receive ZERO

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 30 Sep 2014 06:15

Everything is awsome! Everything is cool when you are part of a team,.......... :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Sep 2014 07:06

:-D :-D

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 30 Sep 2014 08:54

we dont need no more lego in this house

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 30 Sep 2014 09:21

My grandsons could open a shop with the amount of Lego they all have :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 30 Sep 2014 09:24

GOOD as half of baby Satan's is up my hoover ;-) ;-)

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 30 Sep 2014 09:41

Joy, get him a load of these, they wont get sucked up the Hoover. :-D :-D :-D

http://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk/home-storage/lego-storage-bricks-large-traditional?ret=43

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 30 Sep 2014 09:54

OK vote please, which is worse to tread on in bare feet Lego or a three pin plug! :-S

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 30 Sep 2014 10:04

OUCHHHHHHHHHHH ;-) ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Sep 2014 10:59

Mayfield..... lego because there is never just one piece.

Cooper

Cooper Report 30 Sep 2014 11:10

My youngest is 16 now but for years Lego became in short supply at this time of year.Our local independent toy shop had real problems getting supplies, we knew the owner well so it wasnt him keeping supplies back. Star wars lego was the in thing at the time. It was almost impossible to get it. Strangely the rest of the year there were no real problems ;-)

Teresa

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 30 Sep 2014 11:18

Treading on Lego!!!

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 30 Sep 2014 14:48

when my kids were little and lost a bite of lego
i use to tell them not to worry daddy will find it
now i tell grand son that grand pops will find it

:-D :-D :-D :-D

me i never walk round the house with out any think on my feet

:-D :-D :-D :-D