General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Off the dung heap.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Oct 2014 10:23

I am waiting for Fred's mate to turn up if he has survived.

He found some fungus growing on the dung heap yesterday so he brought it in to see if it was edible. Looked on Google and could not match it exactly so I gave it a sniff and it smelt mushroomy so we each tried a little piece.

I wouldn't let him give a piece to OH because somebody had to drive him home and we didn't know if it was hallucinogenic.

If he comes down here today we will know we can eat what comes off the dung heap!

Wend

Wend Report 2 Oct 2014 10:42

Toadstools smell mushroomy too :-0

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Oct 2014 10:52

I don't think I died in the night!

There were two poisonous ones similar to this one but one of them smelt of ink and one of carbolic. The one that looked most like this one was said to smell mushroomy.

It tasted like a mushroom too when we had a little piece in the hope it was a magic mushroom. No such luck so it will just have to be fried mushrooms.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 2 Oct 2014 11:15

perhaps it is the sort of magic mushroom that makes you -

1) Sleep well.

2) Feel good.

Hope that it had the same effect on Fred's mate!

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Oct 2014 11:26

If it is, let's hope they keep popping up.

But then again, maybe my feeling good is just an hallucination!

Dermot

Dermot Report 2 Oct 2014 11:27

'Now I know why every cock fights best while standing on his own dunghill'.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 2 Oct 2014 11:48

During a weekend in Amsterdam, I once made a pot of tea with mushroom tea that we bought in one of those unusual tourist shops - I will never ever do that again :-( :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Oct 2014 11:51

Students here used to hire a car to go to Petworth Park where they knew where to gather agarics I think.

They would then all sit round and cut a mushroom up like a cake and each have a slice after they were back in halls.