General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stolen envelopes?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 2 Oct 2014 22:44

Hi all,
Probably missed the great announcement. I went to check on a message I sent the other day and there are no envolopes showing now - neither white, pink, purple, nor polkadot. Is this the new, improved version?

B

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 2 Oct 2014 23:05

I have closed envelopes beside some Sent messages - but no envelopes of any colour beside the opened ones, so I think yours must have been opened. Didn't see any warning of the change!

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 2 Oct 2014 23:10

Thanks E..9

Perhaps I should have looked at 'announcements'. Not that I can see anything there anyway.

Fingers crossed.

B

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Oct 2014 05:18

a green envelope means that your contact has not opened the message

no envelope means that the message has been opened

a green arrow arching to the left indicates that they have replied to you

It has been like that for years .................... pre-dating the arrival of the Announcements Board

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 3 Oct 2014 07:30

Hi Silvia,

I 'm certain that you are right, but I am sure that I have seen queries recently about unopened messages where the answer has been that opened ones show with a ??? envelope.

Maybe I should try and contact more people in the next few years than in the last!

Thanks,

B

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Oct 2014 08:19

No. Sylvia is right if there is no envelope the message has been opened.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Oct 2014 21:03

I think there may have been a time years ago when an unopened message showed as green envelope with the flap, while an opened message showed as a green envelope with the flap up (ie, an opened envelope)

anyone else remember something like this?