General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 8 Oct 2014 12:03

I thought I`d share this!

I have just came back from having a three day coach trip to Arrochar Scotland and loved every moment of it,

The scenery. service of staff and trips out on the coach to different areas were superb. We were also given a history lesson thrown in too.. the hotel decor was a bit shabby but everything else ie meals were excellent...

I had wanted to go to Arrochar for quite a number of years since I found thats where my gt Grandfather and gtgt grandmother were born.

to put the Icing on the cake I got told that the hotel was built by John Macfarlane which I descend!!

I felt I found a bag of Gold. I was elated. haha!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Oct 2014 13:33

brill - I toured Scotland in the sixties - right up to John o'Groats - lovely country -lovely people

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 8 Oct 2014 13:51

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay in Scotland Linda
lovely to follow in the steps of your ancestors.

Haste Ye Back :-)

Emma

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 8 Oct 2014 15:30

Linda - so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Bonnie Scotland <3 every time I read about peoples trips there I wish I was able to move back home - as to the hotel, that's what we Scots call Shabby Chic :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 8 Oct 2014 20:00

OFITG :-D :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Oct 2014 23:01

I moved to Dumfries & Galloway 7yrs ago from lancs .I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay & finding out about your ancestory , an incentive now to extend your family tree ,,!! .The scenery is stunning .& the people warm & friendly .my grt grandad was from Mulben .Best wishes to you Barbra :-)