General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UKIP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Oct 2014 09:36

I see they won Clacton - that'll open a can of worms for the other parties!!!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 Oct 2014 09:56

I can smell fear lol ;-) ;-)

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 10 Oct 2014 10:00

It will certainly spice up the stew the other parties are in - it could possibly lead to more defections to UKIP.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Oct 2014 10:02

fear indeed :-D :-D :-D

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 10 Oct 2014 10:13

Many MP's will think this is just a protest vote and it will be reversed at the general election, but there will be some MP's, especially some Conservative MP's, who will be wondering if they could lose their seat at the next election to UKIP - those who do could well decide to change ships before the next election ;-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 10 Oct 2014 10:54

It's a pity that so many don't bother to turn out on election days. I'd like to vote for any prospective candidate who promises something refreshing & unexpected.

Graham

Graham Report 10 Oct 2014 11:05

It would be nice to see somebody elected who stuck to their promises. That would be refreshing and unexpected. ;-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 10 Oct 2014 11:11

Very interesting goings on .but who do we believe to do the best for the country ?? . :-)

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 10 Oct 2014 11:16

Watch this space as it nears the election the other parties will try to turn the issues of the day away from immigration and the EU, to something else like taxation the health service or schools, that they think will give them a better chance ;-)

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 10 Oct 2014 11:17

What puts me of voting, is what I call career politicians, to many MP's today, leave school, go to university, and go straight from university into a job as an aide/advisor/researcher to help run the machinery of a political party or a government department - after a spell as an aide/advisor/researcher, they then get selected to stand for a safe seat - with that kind of CV you can even become Prime Minister ;-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 10 Oct 2014 11:43

When you look at all the things that need addressing .I am sure the man on the street could do a better job than so called academics .we have lived through so much & are still doing so .but we hang on every word .these so called experts tell us .I fear for children & grandchildren who have yet to experience life ,will their voice`s be heard in the so called democracy. have seen so much change in my lifetime some good .but a lot of bad things .Racism .Bigots .immigration beyond acceptability .I hope a solution is found, happy medium ..but cant see it in my life time :-)