General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Google camel view.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 11 Oct 2014 11:40

Trekker camera documents Liwa Desert

Raffia becomes first animal to carry Street View Trekker in order to capture Abu Dhabi landscape

https://www.google.com/maps/views/view/streetview/liwa-desert/liwa-desert-north-west/N5mNVRDigiYtdlZwB8ukUA?gl=us&heading=186&pitch=65&fovy=75

Now why would there be beds in the desert ?

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Oct 2014 12:10

Anyone lend me a bucket and spade :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 11 Oct 2014 12:31

You can stay the night on the bed :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Oct 2014 12:41

I may have to pass on that one Mr M :-0, camels, snakes, sand are a nono LOL :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 Oct 2014 12:53

I love most desserts but not too keen on any desert.

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 11 Oct 2014 14:17

Bedu are entitled to a good nights sleep you know

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 11 Oct 2014 15:23

Looks like a home from home :-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 11 Oct 2014 15:52

:-D :-D Karen

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 11 Oct 2014 16:37

Is that where you live Karen?

And your bed :-D

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 11 Oct 2014 17:08

I am no longer in the UAE Mr Magoo, I now live in a different desert, in Egypt :-)
The desert here is mountainous, or stoney/pebbly on the flat plateau, unlike the rolling sand-dune type of desert which you are seeing in Liwa on that webcam thingy.
I sleep in a real bed, Mr Magoo, I don't live Bedu style :-D :-D and I don't let the camels indoors either!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 12 Oct 2014 01:17

More info here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2785218/Google-CAMEL-View-You-wander-Arabian-Desert-fruitful-oases-using-interactive-map.html

CamelCam & ManCam (he must have drawn the short straw)