General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Catch up time

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 12 Oct 2014 14:34

Hi All

Well hubby retired 2 weeks agp - he has done almost 2 years extra as he will be 67 in December. Poor old soul is finding it a little difficult made worse by the fact that builders are still here sorting out upstairs batchroom, which means one or other of us has to be in the house. Fingers crossed tomorrow should be the last day.

This weekend has been great - walk on the beach and paddle on Thursday, which was a Fiesta Day- Froday in the sea for a swim and yesterday also saw us on the beach and in the sea, although it has gone a little cooler it is still very pleasant. Forgot to add we had a bbq Friday night.

And to finish off shortly we willl be skype-ing our youngest son and grandchildren.

Take care everyone

Mary xx

Mersey

Mersey Report 12 Oct 2014 14:44

~~~~~s to Mary :-) how lovely <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Oct 2014 15:13

Well he will quickly wonder how he managed to fit all the things in he did

I thought i would flounder without my office workmates etc but after the initial two week period when I thought I was on my hollies i quickly found another hobby of genealogy so was off on a roll

I really dont know how I managed to go to work and fit everything else in

We slow down as we get older which is a clue

Andrew

Andrew Report 12 Oct 2014 16:30

I wouldn't have time to go to work now.

Andy

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Oct 2014 16:41

Happy retirement to your Hubby. Hope you both enjoy the relaxation of being able to do what you want when you want. :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Oct 2014 20:48

I wouldn't have (oops Edit to add) time to go to work now either :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Oct 2014 23:18

enjopy every minute Mary - the both of you - sadly my lovely OH died aged 67 just two years after I retired - things didn't work out as planned

I had a workmate who was dreading her husband retiring as she said she couldn't stand him around her all day - stupid woman -

I hope you both have many years of a healthy and happy retirement - it's how things should be <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 13 Oct 2014 22:27

Dear Mary in Spain

Hello

Hope you both enjoy your husband's retirement.

Much happiness to you both.

Take gentle care
With many good wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Oct 2014 02:15

Good luck to you both Mary, I hope you and your o.h. have a long and happy retirement together. Such a long time since we have 'spoken'

I am dreading my o.h. retiring, he should have 5 yrs to go but keeps talking about retiring early. I think if he does leave work soon he will just sit and watch tv and put on even more weight than he has since his accident, on holiday he was in the pub every morning as it was only 5 mins walk away, and he grazes on nuts and biscuits, even tho he is diabetic. I know he will drive me bananas, he is already doing that lol, and my life won't be my own, he will want to know where I am every minute of the day.

Our recent holiday was good but I did miss having any time to myself to just potter or read, or shop without him watching my every move. Then there are the times he needs to find a loo, and goes off without telling me where he is going, then gets lost and I have to search for him or stay in the same place for half an hour or more while he tries to remember where he left me!

If only he would keep his phone switched on too so I could locate him lol

Lizxx

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 14 Oct 2014 08:05

Hello Mary, wishing you and your OH a very happy retirement,
take care, x :-D

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 14 Oct 2014 08:42

Thanks for all the good wishes. Hubby will organise me and the intention is we walk more and get out and about. So far it is not working as still got workmen in doing my bathroom. Honestly believe me it is a SMALL bathroom but the Spanish builders we have got are thorough albeit slow !!! What with my birthday when we went away for the night which meant they could not do anything for 2 days then having Fiesta Day last week it just adds to the time it all takes. <hopefully in a couple of hours they will be gone as a carpenter is here at moment fitting new door whch cannot take that long . can it !!!

Our plan today is to clean up and tidy up and tomorrow if the weather is ok we are having a day out So hopefully hubby will get to enjoy being retired.

I know what you mean Liz even if you are noth retired you need some space to do what you want to do. Hubby and I have already agreed that -and I go nextdoor for a coffee and a chat leaving him to do whatever. Must admit he is more organised than me and intends to learn more Spanish and play the keyboard every day, I am sure we will enjoy ourselves and <i have already told him he is a better cleaner than I am . must let him loose in the kitchen cooking one of these days...............

Well will let you know how it all pans out. Enjoy your day whatever you do.

Mary xx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 14 Oct 2014 08:58

good on you Mary - go for it <3 :-D