General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Health check.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 14 Oct 2014 08:42

I am hoping to come to Oz soon to see family,and I decided to have a private health check with one of these companies who do mobile checks.

Some of my friends think it's unnecessary ,but ,as I do have diverticular disease and some symptoms that haven't been sorted,I decided to do it as health is more important than anything material,and to reassure me that everything is working as well as possible.

The results are quite good!
One or two little areas that are just outside the standard...I think they can be addressed,so going to docs next week to show results,but ............

Would you believe...my metabolic age is 64. And lung age 71...so at 79 don't think that's too bad.

Wonder if I can get a reduction on travel insurance??

:-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 14 Oct 2014 11:12

Why not? If you don't ask, you don't get! :-D

You're doing well Brenda.

I hope you have a lovely holiday...... where are you going?

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 14 Oct 2014 13:56

I'm going to Sydney and Melbourne....family in both places,so have to spread myself!

:-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Oct 2014 07:06

Have a wonderful time Brenda, and well done for getting such good results from the check up. Hope the minor blips can soon be dealt with too and keep taking good care of yourself.

Lizxxx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Oct 2014 08:20

I hope Sydney dries out before your trip :-D It got hammered yesterday. :-(

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 15 Oct 2014 11:52

I know it got hammered.I was on the phone with my DIL who has been helping me organise the trip and then she put a pic on FB of a garden chair coming over a fence in their garden during the storm.
Hope it is good when I'm there...but it will be nice anyhow !