General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find my past website

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maria

Maria Report 14 Oct 2014 10:59

I signed up for a one month subscription with find my past, and for one month only.... only to find they have continued to bill my bank account every month.. has anyone else had this issue? I have emailed them and have yet to receive a response.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Oct 2014 11:03

This is taken from their "Terms and Conditions":-

Continuous membership:When you take out a subscription, it is on a continuous membership basis, meaning that your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel it. This means that, if you have a 1–month subscription, your contract will be renewed automatically every 30 days, and (unless you cancel your membership for any reason) a payment will be taken prior to each renewal date for the next 30–day contract period

You need to go to your "my account" page and turn off continuous membership.

Kath. x

Maria

Maria Report 14 Oct 2014 11:16

Thanks Kath. I hope they refund me though, I only used it for a short time. I have no time for further research at the moment and was only tracing one line that I was stuck on.
x

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 14 Oct 2014 16:30

Amd phone them for a refund.