General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Solar panels part 2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Oct 2014 16:24

Well having decided to have the panels installed we paid half the money and got an installation date of the 7th Oct.

The weekend before I had a strange dream that the company was a scam and they didn't turn up.
They didn't :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
but they did phone and say because of the storms we have been having they were behind on their work and gave us the choice of Thursday , Friday or the following week. We opted for Thursday.
Thursday came, Thursday went. an the only thing that happened was me phoning the number every 2 hrs trying to get an answer rather than a machine. I checked the website, the company everything that I could think of. I knew deep down the company was legit, but that stupid dream.
Friday I phoned at 8am (bit ambitious) OH phoned at 9.10am lol behold flags out somebody answered :-D :-D :-D :-D. Erm upps yesterday was a fiesta day so no-one in the office. (so why give us that day as an installation date) did they forget like I did ?
The girl in the office is new, she was told to tell us that our kit doesn´t arrive until Friday so it would be the following week. They would phone back with a new day. They phoned back Monday and said that delivery would be Tuesday.
Delivery DELIVERY what about installation.
So here we are on Tuesday and what can I say. Another phone call from us to be told that we were on her list of people to phone as the "crew" were at the suppliers and were having a problem. She would get back in 20 mins She did and said YES delivery tomorrow so OH getting wise said what about installation. The panels would be here tomorrow. Yes said OH what about installing, .....Another phone call to wait for and the answer now she will phone us in the morning to let us know what time the delivery will be and let us know about installation but it should be tomorrow.

Now as today has peed down I can appreciate that they can´t fit if it´s raining, but they are begining to pee me off. I would like to know why the crew was at the suppliers today when the kit was to be delivered on Friday, The panels are standard size so where´s the problem ?

Anyway patient a*se me said to OH if they don´t arrive tomorrow then we tell them to stuff it and we will have our money back, they not be a scam but they are jerking us around.
well would you be a little iffy with them ? Mind OH said that I have been rather ratty lately and I am jumping at and on the slightest thing :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 14 Oct 2014 19:08

Mid life crisis??

(grabs tin helmet and hides in cellar) ;-)

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 14 Oct 2014 21:20

UzziInSunshine
im on your side thay ether want your money or thay dont

give them one more chance and if thay dont keep to there word
than ask for you money back

the longer this go's on you will be out of date for your cancellation date
if you have one

i had a simler problem once with the delivery of a cosebo
and when i did manage to get it delivered it was all bent and i could not even put it up so i sent it back and got a refund

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 15 Oct 2014 06:42

Bob if it´s a mid life crisis then then I don´t mind as long as that´s all it is

Shelly that is mt choice if they don´t turn up this time I want my money back. I just have to convince OH I am not being neurotic ! :-S

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Oct 2014 06:49

Hi Uzzi, hope you get satisfaction from the company very soon and the items work as promised.

It is enough to make anyone ratty when things go wrong and maybe you are just a little fraught because of the dream which showed the installation was on your mind.

Take care and try not to worry

Lizxx

Gritty

Gritty Report 15 Oct 2014 07:47

Not a midlife crisis- just awful customer service!! I appreciate things don't always go as planned but they should be keeping you informed. It shouldn't be your job to chase them for information- after all, they have some of your money!!

I hope all turns out well x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Oct 2014 08:11

Hope you soon get it sorted Uzzi, but....... this is Spain, aren't you used to it (even if you don't like it :-D) by now?

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 15 Oct 2014 10:36

Well after us having to phone them this morning and being told shortly they have just arrived with the delivery Hoorah Henry

Now we just have to wait for the installers !

Ann yes I should be used to it by now shouldn´t I even OH said I should but 8days is pushing the manana attitude. :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Oct 2014 19:08

Is the Spanish Equivalent of "Auf Weidersehen, Pet"?

wait till Moxy and Bomber turn up!!

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 18 Oct 2014 17:05

:-D :-D :-D @ Bob 2 chappies did turn up at 3.45pm that evening, worked until 6.15pm and went home saying back tomorrow. They turned up at 9.45am finished the panels and the trunking then left after telling me I would get a call to say when the inverter would be installed.
The phone call came that afternoon to say the inverter would be there at 10am in the morning. It was with the same guys who had put the panels up :-S

Still it is all installed and now we have to wait for it to be legalized and Iberdrola to sort the meter out so we get the benefit in the night what we don´t use in the day.