General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Autumn has arrived.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Oct 2014 16:42

How do I know ? because
I have finally dug out my 3/4´s and vests,(instead of shorts and sun tops)
Not only have I put the windows back in, I am closing them at night
I have put a throw on the bed
OH is back on nights
Downton Abbey is being watched
According to OH I am getting ratty at the slightest thing,(I do that when I lack sunshine)

What comes next :-( The duvet, the trackies and t´shirts, long PJ´s, winterizing the hot-tub, putting the windows back in between front room and porch room. I will try to hibernate by going to bed by 8.30pm. OH will be glad to be on nights and finally I can look forward to spring and the sun back ;-)

I don´t dislike winter but I can´t say I enjoy it.

What is your favourite season and how do you mark them ?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Oct 2014 16:55

By the end of October I usually put all my T shirts away and get out the sweaters. ditto with light weight trousers and thicker ones. Curtains get drawn at night to keep the heat in, the garden gets put to bed for winter. I really dislike November and January and don't much like february. December id not too bad as I like Christmas. Favourite season is late spring into early summer. Love the sun and new growth in the garden.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 14 Oct 2014 17:07

Hi Ann none of that surprises me, knowing you love your garden I would have guessed that spring early summer was your favourite season.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Oct 2014 17:45

And because we invariably chase the sun in the early and latish months of the year?

We are not good gardeners because neither of us ventures out there in the winter months but view it through the window!!

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 14 Oct 2014 18:30

I love all seasons each shows its own beauty things we sometimes dont stop and take the time to look at

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Oct 2014 20:36

We had frost yesterday morning, had to scrape the windshield. Today the temp is 28 celsius. It's too hot! Only in Canada!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 14 Oct 2014 20:43

its right cold and wet here

my ugly cardie has come out to play ;-) ;-)