General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You have to feel sorry for them

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 15 Oct 2014 10:50

Members of the House of Lords have complained they are treated like "deposed dictators or political pariahs" when they try to open bank accounts.

Peers said they were falling foul of money-laundering regulations because banks classed them as high-risk "politically exposed persons".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29618172

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 15 Oct 2014 10:53

Mostly exposed on instagram as I understand it ;-)

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 15 Oct 2014 10:59

Could it possibly be anything to do with allegations of some taking backhanders or being over creative with their expenses ;-)

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 15 Oct 2014 11:04

No surely not, they are the bastions of our society, well that's what they tell us and they wouldn't lie would they?

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 15 Oct 2014 11:08

bastions - not how I would spell it :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 Oct 2014 14:30

"I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country". (Pol Pot 1925-1998)

Which UK Government Minister could declare something similar?

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 15 Oct 2014 14:33

:-S are there any :-S