General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No PDAs ....................

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Oct 2014 19:57

It is municipal election time in BC ................ and candidates are declaring their "platforms"

There are always gets the "quirkie" ones ...............

One candidate for the mayor in a neighbouring municipality ( a large city) wants this .................

-- establishing wholesome society.

-- detailed suggestions for the citizens to work toward indefinitely freezing the taxes and pay hikes, with the strengthened democracy, and lists some:

1) Banning election campaign, restoring citizens the sense of responsibility;

2) Banning behaviors that hints sex/ sexuality, even including Bridal Kiss and walking hand in hand, that hurt public decorum and lead to further violence;

--- and more

-----

As you may guess .......... English is not her second language

Gung’s opponents have not come forward with where they stand on the whole “kissing in public” platform.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 15 Oct 2014 20:07

The wife has to stay at least one step behind the husband when out walking in public as well, I presume?.. ;-)

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 15 Oct 2014 22:12

Oh Budgie I like it! :-D but will BC'ers like it. UMMM Lets see:

No kissing in public
no hand holding public
walk behind your husband
always hold the door open and bow when your husband passes
no winking, whispering or anything that gives children the wrong idea
ALL females should be in by 9 pm

OH I should run for mayor where do I sign up! <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Oct 2014 22:16

:-D :-D :-D

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 15 Oct 2014 22:36

Reminds of when I was in Ireland some 50 yrs ago.
I was with my wife on a belated honeymoon and family over there would not believe we were married. The reason was because she had long flowing hair.
And we later found out that the custom was that when a girl got married her hair was cut short.
What a quaint custom. I suppose it was to show that the woman was now a married man`s property.

I think one of the sweetest thing to see is a couple holding hands whether it be school kids or grandparents. You can feel the togetherness emanating from them.
I always used to hold hands with the first wife wherever we went.

I used to do it with my children and grandchildren, but as the kids get older they seem a bit embarrassed about it so its sort of died out.

It seems to be a very rare occurrence with people nowadays.
(Guess I`m just a big softy hey?)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Oct 2014 23:20

Budgie, if I'm out with one of my daughters, I always make a grab for their hand.......

......as we're crossing the road!

They point out that, being above 30 years of age, they don't really need me to grab their hand.

I point out, I'm practicing for when I'm senile :-D

....I'm not 60 yet :-D Old habits die hard.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Oct 2014 00:04

OH and I were wondering whether "no holding hands" applied to children and parents, grandparents or caregivers :-S

Budgie ...............

I agree, I like to see people holding hands .........

....... just as long as they are not holding a cell phone to their ear with the other :-)

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 16 Oct 2014 00:15

Dad tucks his arm through mine, or holds my hand when he feels unsteady but as I am unsteady myself, if Dad falls over we'll both go splat, maybe he's hoping he'll land on top of me and break his fall <3

Does tucking arms through each others the same as holding hands?? ummm

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Oct 2014 00:19

ooooooooooh .......................

I would think that is even more of a PDA than holding hands :-)