General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Outlook.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mersey

Mersey Report 19 Oct 2014 14:32

Is anybody else having problems with their email account......??

Hotmail

When I try to open my emails they are blank??

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 19 Oct 2014 14:54

Nothing to say Mersey :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 19 Oct 2014 14:56

:-P :-P :-D

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 19 Oct 2014 15:18

My Outlook addy is still my old msn.com one.
I suspect you still use your hotmail.com addy.
Microsoft got rid of Hotmail and Msn when they bought Skype ,and forced us to go with Outlook instead, but you could still keep your old E-Mail addys.

Answer to you question sweetie, my Outlook is working OK. BUT!... I still don't like the flaming Look or workings of it. :-P
xx <3 <3
:-D :-D

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 19 Oct 2014 15:29

I haven't used my Hotmail for a while but seemed to log on OK when I just tried it..

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 19 Oct 2014 17:06

I have Live Mail, behaving slightly oddly at the moment - when forwarding messages they don't appear on the Sent index though there is a forwarded tick in the In list - and sometimes even after I have opened and dealt with an email it returns to my In index as unopened and I have to right-click for a menu which includes an item called "Mark as read". All manageable but irritating! and only started happening recently

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Oct 2014 17:43

Mine is still the old MSN hotmail one

it often says I have new emails but I have opened em all , I find a reload of the page or using the drop down box to say mark all as read clears it

thought it was just me /google chrome that was playing up

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 19 Oct 2014 22:20

Shirley - I 'm glad I'm not the only one! I'll keep it in my list of things to ask our computer guru when we next have to invest in him, though

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 19 Oct 2014 22:39

Doesn`t google have its own E-Mail set up Called Google + ? (Edit... @gmail)
I believe Hotmail, Msn and Outlook all belong to the Microsoft stable same as Skype.
I stopped using Chrome and Google because they seem not to blend too well when both were in activation with Bing and MSN.
I always preferred Google search engine and still use it occasionally.
But I use the Bing toolbar coupled with IE 11 now.

Huia

Huia Report 20 Oct 2014 07:32

I got fed up with the 'new' Hotmail, so as I have a gmail addy I now get all my Hotmail messages forwarded to gmail. The only trouble is I have to occasionally go to Hotmail and delete messages, and it takes a month of Sundays, and then some. One day I will contact all my Hotmail contacts and ask them to use my gmail addy instead. Then perhaps I can close the stupid Hotmail account.

Mersey

Mersey Report 20 Oct 2014 08:23

Hi all....thank you to those that have posted and proved im not on my own LOL.....

It looks like I am going to change my email address as it is getting silly now

:-|

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 20 Oct 2014 10:31

I only keep it to reset my other usual email account if I have a problem.