General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It’s only imaginary

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 20 Oct 2014 03:48

.............for now but one day I am going to make it to England. So I have ‘booked’ my plane fare and I have enough money for that so the next thing I need to find out is the train ticket price from Heathrow to Bristol. Everyone know the price of a train ticket from Heathrow to Bristol, or where I can find out. I looked at Paddington Station and I don’t think you can get to Bristol from there unless I missed something.

I realize the prices will go up but I want a rough idea how much it will cost, so I can know if I am anywhere close to having enough money.

But as it is ‘over my mothers dead body’ I guess it will have to remain a dream, but she can’t live forever, now can she?
;-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Oct 2014 04:49

Shy, well done to you for holding on to your dream and for planning ahead. I hope one day your dream will come to fruition. I am sure there are many people here who will be able to help you when the time comes. It might be easier for you to get a coach from the airport to Bristol and you can often get really cheap tickets if you book in advance. Keep saving and dreaming
Lizxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Oct 2014 08:20

Paddington is the London station for Bristol but it's cheaper to go by National Express coach at about £7 one way booked in advance

Looks like you can get the coach too from Heathrow to Bristol which cuts out lots of train travel

It's 1 hr 55 mins and costs £15

They have 16 services daily

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Oct 2014 09:40

Try thetrainline.com for rail fares. Isn't the main Bristol station called Temple Mead?

Working out fares is a nightmare as there are all sorts of offers, especially if you book in advance. If you think you might be using the rail network a lot, there could well be some sort of discount card you can purchase.

Enjoy your imaginary visit to your homeland :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Oct 2014 09:41

Don't forget to imagine the meet we will be having as well.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Oct 2014 09:47

You can get the Heathrow Express, 15 mins into Paddington. The current one way ticket price is £21 but cheaper if bought in advance or as one leg of a return journey. There is also a slower 'tube' route in which would be cheaper

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Oct 2014 09:55

Hold onto your dream Shy and make it happen and come and visit the home of some of your ancestors.

Graham

Graham Report 20 Oct 2014 11:38

Looking at the National Express website it seems that the earlier you book, the cheaper it is. Buying a ticket to travel the same day costs £41.40.

Graham

Graham Report 20 Oct 2014 11:43

Train fares from London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads start from £17.80. The journey normally takes just under 2 hours.

http://tickets.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/gw/en/JourneyPlanning/MixingDeck

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 20 Oct 2014 17:58

Shy hold that dream, as you have already been advised the coach is cheaper.
If you make it to Bristol and have a meet, I will come and meet you there. ;-)
I have to add as long as it´s not OH´s summer as he can´t get time off work. !

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 20 Oct 2014 23:01

Gee, thanks

So, coach from the airport to Bristol does seem easier then train/underground to London then to Bristol

HOLD IT who said anything about a meet :-S I have read about those, drinking, noisy, lots of people AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH S--H--Y remember :-). Besides I think I'll be busy when you are planning to have it. :-D