General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT'S THE STORY LINE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 21 Oct 2014 07:29

OKAY NOT LONG BEFORE CHRISTMAS DAY SO IT MUST BE WORKING UP TO THE GREAT CORRIE/ EASTENDER'S / EMERDALE DISASTER DAY STORY LINE,WONDERS DO THEY EVER HAVE A SIMPLE BORING DAYS FULL OF GRIZZLIN KIDS UNDERCOOKED FOOD SOME ONE OR ALL SO DRUNK THEY WOULD BE IN A COMA,

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD RUIN THE STORY LINE,,,BECAUSE I DON'T WATCH THEM,,,,AINT I NASTY ! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

Dermot

Dermot Report 21 Oct 2014 08:13

I'm sticking to The Archers. More realistic & a pinch of imagination is demanded of the faithful listener.

Bah! Humbug! to the rest of the miserable Soaps. :-P

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 21 Oct 2014 12:21

Twin Peaks is returning :-)

Some of my rellies are fenland farmers. They work so hard it is unbelievable. The chances of them having time for the sorts of junkets that the Archers go in for are nil. What leisure time they do have seems to be spent looking at combine harvester brochures. Super boring. I suppose you could put their lives on the radio it would sound like a John Cage musical. It is quite odd perched up high above the fens updating Facebook in an air conditioned cab as the machine rolls forward. Endless sky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW8EH1OcbHQ

I have been to the Archers pub in Warwickshire ... most of the people who live there seem to be lawyers and refugee BBC producers from London.

OTOH some of my less well heeled rellies lurk in the Harpurhey district of Manchester. Sort of cross between Corrie and Peaky Blinders. Too real for 6pm that's for sure.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 21 Oct 2014 16:46

Santa will crash into the Queen Vic and get head butted by Phil Grant!
No Christmas for anyone as a result!
;-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 21 Oct 2014 17:04

I'd rather watch a re-run of the Oscar Pistorius Trial on Christmas Day (minus the sub-titles) just after Her Majesty's exceedingly exciting greeting to her Serfs.