General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I really enjoyed watching

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Oct 2014 16:02

"Holiday of My Lifetime " yesterday afternoon, Len Goodman and Dave Myers (one of the 'Hairy bikers'.). Dave Myers went on a family holiday in 1967 to the Isle of Man, which was the same time that I lived there.

As well as enjoying seeing some of the places I knew, and still much the same as i remember them, it was a mixed feeling to see the now restored bus that was in service back then, the school buses ( it was rumoured) were shipped over from Liverpool when they were on their last legs and they were real bone shakers, but this one was quite a posh one in comparison :-)

I so would like to re visit the Island ( I drool over photos of it on FB lol).

Where did you go to as a child that you would love to revisit?

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 21 Oct 2014 16:41

I keep trying to post here and get frozen out.... I just wanted to say that I don't often watch daytime tv but today's program with Esther Ranttzen was very enjoyable... What a gentleman Leonard is :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Oct 2014 02:03

I loved the programme and look foward to watching the recording of Esthers holiday. We never went far from home when I was young so I often go back to Hemsby and sometimes Lowestoft and my later holidays in Malta too have been revisited. I think one of the guests is going to be Billy from DIY SOS so should be entertainjng. Lizx