General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This is ghoulish isn't it?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Oct 2014 19:34

Yesterday a friend of mine was killed in a truly unpredictable road accident.

We were not close friends but worked together forty years ago and would always stop for a laugh and a natter if we met anywhere by chance.

As soon as I heard of the accident I felt that I needed to go and see where he died so I went and I somehow feel better for having done so.

I have never felt like that before and saw enough wrecked vehicles when I was in the motor trade but I did once want to go into the flat of an old man I knew who had died, just to reassure myself that he really wasn't there.

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Oct 2014 19:53

I don't know, on the surface it sounds a bit ghoulish, but it's probably more a need to 'be sure', if you see the place someone died you really know they have gone and it's closure ( hate that word lol but i can't think of another)

Coming so soon after Fred's death it's not surprising.

A little different but my mum's chair bothered me for months after she died, when i walked into the room I automatically looked towards it because she 'should' be there.

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Oct 2014 20:38

As if that wasn't enough.

My neighbour has just rung me to tell me another man I knew a bit better than this one, he had the scrapyard I used for years, has also died.

I can really do without all this!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Oct 2014 22:52

Sharron, sending hugs <3 <3 <3

No, I don't think that going to where your friend died is ghoulish. Her death was sudden and unexpected, and, as Rose said. x

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Oct 2014 01:49

Sharron you are getting everything slung at you right now. I am sorry your friend died in such a horrible way and I can understand you wanting to visit the scene. Its sad too that the man at the scrapyard has died. May both of them rest in peace.

I hope you can come to terms with this sad news and it wont make you low again.

Hugs,

Lizxx