General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harry Roberts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Oct 2014 09:27

I have just seen on the BBC site that this gentleman is to be released from prison after forty- five years.

He is seventy- eight now but, from a few things I have seen in the newspapers, he would seem to be still a very unpleasant individual.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Oct 2014 09:43

life should mean life - he killed three unarmed policemen

Kay????

Kay???? Report 23 Oct 2014 10:16

He shot two policemen,

PC Fox was shot by another member of the gang,,,,,

Hes 78,,,,,just might as well keep him for life now,,,,,,,,,,he has to be found housing, he will be paid a pension!! and any benifits that hes entitled to.

Dermot

Dermot Report 23 Oct 2014 11:27

Have atrocities in the UK changed very much since his initial incarceration or are they still part of everyday life?

The shootings, stabbings, muggings, suicides, poverty, depression, robberies, fear, repossessions, bankruptcies, homelessness & bullying to name just a few of the continuing unpleasantness.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 23 Oct 2014 11:34

Perhaps being out in todays world that's so different to 1966 will be more difficult to cope with than jail and therefore be more punishment.

Life was so different in 1966, the speed of life and attitudes especially to the old are so different it will be a big wake up call and I don't think he'll cope very well.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 23 Oct 2014 11:38

Life should mean life, for any individual who carries a gun and uses it to murder anyone in cold blood, not just police officers, they should be jailed for life and never be released - the decision to release this man is an insult to the memory of the 3 officers that were killed

R.I.P. Sergeant Christopher Head, Police Constable Geoffrey Fox, and Detective Constable David Wombwell <3 you were only doing your duty and for that you were murdered :-)

To quote part of, what Prince Charles said, at a ceremony last year to honour fallen police officers:-

"Our courageous policemen and women routinely endure hazardous environments in order to defend us and protect all our freedoms, but there is nothing routine about the courage they display."

Dermot

Dermot Report 23 Oct 2014 14:35

Someone must be dreading the arrival of an unexpected new neighbour.