General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Oct 2014 13:07

Kate Duchess of Cambridge has had a rough time of it with this new Baby on the way In.the last couple of photos she looks ok .but would you like the press watching your every move .the comments have been to personal for my liking .were no two was conceived .!!! & when !! suppose it sells papers :-)

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 24 Oct 2014 13:20

Kate should say 'enough is enough, an heir and a spare'. I expect she was told chances were this sickness would not be as bad second time around.

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Oct 2014 13:25

Agree with you .Two is quite enough ..!!

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 24 Oct 2014 14:01

Typical remark from a man who knows naff all.

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Oct 2014 14:13

There is a difference between a 'bit of morning sickness' and what Kate suffered from in her first pregnancy and in this one ( though presumably less so in this one as she hasn't been hospitalised). I am sure most employers would rather their staff take time off than be throwing up or so weak that they can't perform their job effectively?

Some of the comments ( rather than the editorials) I have seen have been disgusting, and sadly some of them from women who 'should' know better ( eg on mumsnet...where a minority seem to think that because she has money and doesn't have to work it somehow makes her less worthy of sympathy or empathy.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Oct 2014 15:02

As my Grand daughter in law (Grandson's wife) suffered the same thing at the same time as Kate first time round I can assure everyone it is horrific. She too was in hospital for a while and actually lost weight the first 6 months of her pregnancy. However, Luke like George suffered no ill effects.

I did read that second and subsequent pregnancies are likely to be worse not better so hopefully Kate has been luckier this time. It often eases around the 12th week.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 24 Oct 2014 15:49

All the money and glamour clothes etc. do not make a jot of difference when your head is halfway down the toilet pan or sick bowl - half the time just 'dry boke' (described so in parts of this fair land).

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Oct 2014 09:33

I just feel sorry for her, unable to keep her pregnancy quiet for longer, and unable to fully enjoy this special time. Let''s hope she feels better quickly

I was so lucky with my pregnancy with my son, I worked full time and also continued my jewellery parties (party plan) until a week before he was born altho I had left the full time job six weeks before that. I felt very well, even as an older Mum of 34.

Lizx