General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Went there again.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Oct 2014 19:21

Because we were so impressed with that carvery we visited and because we had another voucher that runs out in the next couple of days, we took Fred's mate there last night.

Three of us ate for about £24 and, naturally, my eyes were considerably bigger than my belly (and that IS going some) when I went to the carvery so I had it doggy bagged.

The nut roast wellington was my lunch today and the left-overs, with a couple of carrots and onions and the stuff that was festering in the fridge, made a nice big pot of soup that did tea and will do at least one, maybe two more meals.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Oct 2014 19:48

Bargain then.

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Oct 2014 19:49

Already!

It always pays to doggy bag.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Oct 2014 00:35

*whisper*
I thought carvery's were where you ate as much as you like - and therefore don't need 'doggy' bags ;-)

But, hey, if you can get away with it, more power to your doggy bag :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Oct 2014 02:18

I treat them as a competition to see who can get most food on one plate.

You would be amazed at how high I can pile it.

I look like Mr Chad behind it. "What no room!"

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Oct 2014 08:59

We had a voucher for buy one, get one free meals at Brewers Fayre last week, I had the mixed grill, 1 sausage, 1 piece of gammon, one piece of steak and a small breast of chicken, with an egg, chips, tomato and onion rings, oh and some peas too. Cost £11.something and o.h. got his gammon, two eggs and chips and peas for free. I ate everything except the chicken breast so brought that home (took my own sandwich bag) and it made a nice sandwich for later on.

I like to get my money's worth lol so don't blame you for bringing your leftovers home with you.

Lizxx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 25 Oct 2014 18:27

I always doggy bag from restaurants although not from all you can eat places unless it´s already on my plate and I have my own bag.
I did once ask for our left overs in a doggy bag when I had my 2 with me and we got loads, not just our plates. Good job it really was for the dogs ! :-D :-D :-D