General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sylvia van Oosten

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 25 Oct 2014 13:49

Have just got acard telling me she had passed away she was such aloverly lady and her hubby was nice to he will realy miss her and her family,if we had found out we would have gone as were not for away
Sylvia your were anice lady new that when Jan en me met you both we will miss you ,Rest in peace my friend you will be sadly miss God Bless Joyce en Janx

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 25 Oct 2014 14:16

RIP, Sylvia.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Oct 2014 14:17

She was one of the really early members of this site. I remember her well from the boards, but never met her.

Rest in Peace Sylvia.

Gwyn

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Oct 2014 14:34

Yes Joyce, she was a much loved member of the birthday girls. Jo has heard from her family but has something in the email that needs translating before she puts it on the board. She was a member on here for many years and will be much missed especially by the birthday card group for her wonderful cards. <3

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 25 Oct 2014 15:10

So sorry to hear this. We were always prickly with each other at one time many moons ago. R.I.P Sylvia x

Kay????

Kay???? Report 25 Oct 2014 17:10

Oh how sad,sleep tight.

Sincere condolences to her family,

Sylvia and I shared a family Scottish link.

Sallie

Sallie Report 25 Oct 2014 18:37

So sorry to hear about Sylvia.

Sending condolences to all her family.

Rest in Peace Sylvia.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 25 Oct 2014 21:19

R.I.P Sylvia

kandj

kandj Report 25 Oct 2014 22:10

That is sad news Dutch, thank you for passing this on.
Condolences to her husband and family. Rest In Peace Sylvia.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Oct 2014 06:47

I remember Sylvia posting ,sad news to hear of her passing

My condolence to her family and friends

RIP Sylvia

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Oct 2014 06:52

Sad to hear this Joyce, thanks for letting us know.

Rest in peace, Sylvia.

Joyce, will talk to you this week - one morning.

Lizxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Oct 2014 15:36

I thought you might like to know the message that Jo of the birthday card club received from Sylvia's family.

It is with great sadness that we have to say goodbye to my wife, our dear mother and gran.
The cremation has taken place with close family only in accordance with her wishes
No visits at home and no flowers.

dutch

dutch Report 27 Oct 2014 08:31

Ann thank you we have sent acard from us tell her hubby are sorry we are as afew years ago we went to visit them,when I list spork to her she was sick and now if I had of been ok ,I would have gone to see her ,will you thank Jo and she was so nice and her hubby,she made coffie and home made biscuits ,cake and she had table with home made home cooking ,Sylvia was so loverly I shall most her they don't live far from us ,so when the time is write will ask Johan if its ok to come and see and pay our respects,will you thank JO as you no I get all muddle up
Love Dutchx <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Oct 2014 08:34

I expect Jo will read your post Joyce so don't worry. Yes she used to tell us how she was baking for when family and friends called. She was always doing something even when she was not well.

Fly

Fly Report 27 Oct 2014 09:05

R.I.P Sylvia <3

Dutch <3 <3

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 27 Oct 2014 20:03

Just seen this...... <3

Johan....so so sorry to read that Sylvia has passed away. We used to chat alot on here. As AnnG says she had been a member for a long time and will be Very sadly missed.
Quite a character, always busy doing something and always had visitors especially her granddaughter:)
RIP Sylvia <3 <3

love jude xx <3

Thank you Dutch for putting this on the boards...xxxx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 27 Oct 2014 22:54

Dear all

Very sorry to hear this.

Rest in peace, Sylvia,

Sincere wishes
Elizabeth,
xx