General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nice people at the bank

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 25 Oct 2014 17:48

Well the just got a lovely email from Halifax to tell me there is unusual activity on my debit card, even addressed me as a Valued Customer :-D

I will have to open it and no doubt there will be a link where I can give them all my details so they can sort it out for me. ;-)

Fantastic ain't it, such kind people makes me want to open an account with the Halifax just so I can deal with them :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 25 Oct 2014 17:52

:-D @ Mayfield it´s sad though that some people who do have accounts with them will fall for it. Not realizing that Halifax wouldn´t e-mail they would phone and asked when your card was last used by you.

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 25 Oct 2014 17:52

I had the same lovely people send me the same email last week :-D

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 26 Oct 2014 16:48

It must all be part of their trying to give you extra campaign. At least you should be grateful it wasn't a singing email.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 26 Oct 2014 17:08

Or a Gotcha!!

jax

jax Report 27 Oct 2014 13:51

I get them on a regular basis, all different banks and credit cards....sometimes even my own bank.

I am sure there are a few that will fall for it unfortunately, when they see that their bank is going to block their account and they panic

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 27 Oct 2014 15:30

Our most recent lot were all from BT, telling us that our credit card failed when paying the bill, and our account would be closed if we didn't sort it immediately.

As the bill is paid by Direct Debit, it was ignored.

Also, another clue, BT Mail had put them all in Spam!! :-)

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 27 Oct 2014 16:23

I get them all the time from the banks I do not have an account with

But the week before last I was phoned and contacted via my mobile phone from my own bank about genuine fraud. They were so 'on the ball' the transactions were refused and within 10 minutes of my contacting them my card had been cancelled. New one arrived 48 hours later.

We moan about our banks but Barclays really stepped up the the mark for me...

Love the cliches :-D ;-) :-D