General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Closed my account 2013.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan Edward

Alan Edward Report 25 Oct 2014 18:24

I have just opened a new standard account,can I know access my Family Tree from 2013 so that I can update it.
If so how do I do this?
Thanks.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 25 Oct 2014 18:26

Just use the same password and username you used before.

Alan Edward

Alan Edward Report 25 Oct 2014 18:36

Thank you Mayfield for your quick reply,but my new account has a new password but it does not bring up my old Tree.
Thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Oct 2014 18:58

Mayfield meant the password and user name of the orginal account!

If you've forgotten try search all members trees for some of the names that you know on the original tree. See if you can find an entry made by Alan ( or what ever name you used)
Clicking the Find out More link will reveal your membership number.
Take a note of that and send a message to support - they may be able to reset the password etc etc.
You may need to tell them the email address you used when you were last a paying member

[email protected]

Alan Edward

Alan Edward Report 25 Oct 2014 20:00

Thank you Det will give it a try

Graham

Graham Report 25 Oct 2014 20:44

If you know the email address you used before you can click on where it says "forgotten password?" and you'll get an email with a new password.