General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I MIGHT BE ON tHIS mORNING IN A MINUTE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Oct 2014 11:33

That's it. I have rung them about the carers feature.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 28 Oct 2014 11:43

My breath is bated :-D

Edit......Can I have your autograph :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 Oct 2014 11:46

Oooh!

I'm off to bed now (10.45pm here), but I'll be back to check first thing in the morning.

:-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Oct 2014 11:47

listening now.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 28 Oct 2014 11:56

I have told my children that if they put me in a home I will come back and haunt them.....I don't want them to look after me either so I am thinking on an alternative.

My Mother in law was slapped about ( in Ireland ) she had dementia......I have worked in a home and got the sack for speaking up about conditions and treatment...soooooo.......it is not for me.....Oh no sireee

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Oct 2014 11:57

Nope.

Didn't want me.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 28 Oct 2014 12:01

Perhaps you were too knowledgable for them Sharron.......The advice that woman gives isn't usually all that helpful anyway.......I bet there are loads of carers screaming at the screen...... WE HAVE DONE THAT AND IT DOESNT WORK!

Edit....Sheesh!..... That didn't last long.......Not much help to anyone I would have thought

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Oct 2014 12:05

i don't know why they make the slot so brief when it is an important topic.

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Oct 2014 12:09

Because nobody would want to watch Denise Robbins for longer than that.

I was dreading having her patronize me so it wasn't so bad not going on there.

Can't say I felt any of the guilt that woman felt.

My take was that it was his stroke and not mine so he couldn't expect it to turn me into Mother Teresa overnight.