General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MY DAD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 29 Oct 2014 01:35

We lost our dad 29 years ago today,he had only turned 61 at the start of the month. It seems a life time away now, we do not have many photo's cos mum do's not believe in keeping them I have managed to save a few but what I miss most is hearing his voice.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 29 Oct 2014 02:29

Bless you Linda, your Dad was so young. Time does fly by yet sometimes it feels as if its no time at all since our loved ones left us.

I had several reminders of my Dad when I was in Derbyshire recently. Two of the staff in the local Co-op always said Thanks duck when I paid and thats a term of endearment my Dad used to use altho he came from Bucks instead of Derbyshire. I would love to hear my Dads voice again, we have an old tape recording of Mum but not of Dad but if I speak to my cousin in Manchester he sounds very similar to Dad, his father was Dads brother.

Lizxx

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 29 Oct 2014 05:42

I know what you mean Linda, a lifetime away or not, we miss our dear Dads so much.....lucky you've managed to salvage a few photos of him :-)
My brother and dad were often mistaken for each other on the phone, we used to laugh about it because neither of them could understand that they sounded the same...they didn't to me, but everyone else said so!

Thinking of you today,
Karen

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 29 Oct 2014 06:11

I hope you have some happy memories today.

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Oct 2014 12:03

I suppose it means we are grown ups now we have to cope without them.

Linda

Linda Report 29 Oct 2014 16:24

Thank you, lucky we Still have mum it's a long time to be a widow but she still going strong at neary 92. We become the older generation when both our parents have gone

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 29 Oct 2014 23:42

Dear Linda

Hello

Sending you lots of caring thoughts.

My sincere wishes to you,

Take gentle care
Elizabeth,
xx