General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

beware of this terrible tel scam

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 29 Oct 2014 19:27

Just wanted to share this. A wee while ago my mum answered her phone and a lady said"sorry to inform you, your family have been involved in a terrible accident."

My mum was very shaken and when asked who she was she just repeated what she had said. My mum was very upset and told the woman to clear off and then tel the police to report this.

She lives in the kent area and her local police said they have had several calls today saying the same thing.

1471 says caller witheld their number.

I told mum if this happened, the caller would either be the police, hospital or another member of the family. I really had to reassure her it was just an evil scam to scare her.

it has un nerved her as she is wondering who the caller was, but we shall never know.

Just to say be on your guard if you get this call.

Florence
in the hebrides :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Oct 2014 19:59

That's awful! Someone with time on their hands (it is half term) or targetting the vulnerable?

Hope she's feeling OK now. xx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Oct 2014 20:11

what a dreadful thing for someone to do :-S they'd better not ring me with such a story - I have some lovely words to impart :-D