General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Lord Mayors Show, Saturday 08 Nov

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 7 Nov 2014 23:57

Dear All

Hello

The River Pageant sets off at 8.30am near Westminster Bridge and travels downriver to pass through Tower Bridge at 9.25.

The Lord Mayor's Show itself sets off at 11am from Mansion House and the procession of floats go by a 1.7 mile route.

This takes up to an hour and a half.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, the fireworks begin at 5:15pm from the river between Waterloo and Blackfriars bridges.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is live coverage of the procession on Saturday morning on BBC1.

If you are going, travel safely.

Take gentle care
With best wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Nov 2014 09:56

One of these we'll have to go and see it. ;-)

Although my parents used to take me, one of my regrets is that our own children never had the opportunity. Rail fares aside, trying to get them and OH out at an early hour was like a military operation!