General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Neil Diamond

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2014 19:40

If anyone is interested he is on ITV at 9pm. :-D

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 13 Nov 2014 19:48

Will be interesting to see if he can still perform as well as he did in the 60/70s.
:-)

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 13 Nov 2014 20:06

I'll be watching him...Gorgeous :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Nov 2014 20:35

already marked it for recording!!!

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 13 Nov 2014 20:48

Also recording it :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Nov 2014 21:32

He seems to have lost some of his voice to me

A good showman but to me his voice isn't what it was

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2014 21:51

Not surprising when he is 73. But he still has that spark and charisma. The audience certainly love him. I thought he sang Song Sung Blue well.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Nov 2014 22:14

brilliant - just brilliant :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2014 22:18

Great show and the audience were with him all the way. Not sure about the new songs though,they need to grow on me.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Nov 2014 22:19

Recording this but also watching him, have always enjoyed his music and have special memories relating to Hello Again. Years ago my paternal Grandmother who
I didnt know well gave me The Al Jolson story which I think The Jazz Singer was based on and I once cried all through the film when it was played on a coach bringing me and my young son back from a trip to Malta.

I think Neil's voice is still quite good, saw Art Garfunkel recently on tv and he can barely sing now. I liked the new songs.

Lizxx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 13 Nov 2014 23:27

Dear All

Hello

Watched this programme.

Magic! An absolute treat. :-)

Take gentle care
With best wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 13 Nov 2014 23:35

Recorded it to watch at weekend, tried to get tickets for this show but no luck
:-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Nov 2014 08:01

With the new songs Liz, as I said Iw asn't keen but they would probably grow and I will probably get the CD. I actually like the words (having sub titles up enables you to see the words clearly and they were good). I did really like the one he sang at the school in US, thought it would be great to dance to. :-)