General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mirrors

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Nov 2014 10:09

What's yours like?

the mad old woman who lives in mine scares me every morning.

But at least she's honest........... not like this lot......

http://www.elle.com.au/news/fashion-news/2014/11/alert-clothing-stores-might-be-using-skinny-mirrors-to-make-you-look-thinner/

How ridiculous is that?!!

:-|

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 20 Nov 2014 10:14

However skinny the mirror makes you, it still won't allow you to squeeze into the size 10 jeans.... :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Nov 2014 10:48

Drat - and there was I, hoping to go clubbing in them at weekend.

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Nov 2014 10:50

I have a big mirror on the wall of my front room that faces the window.

This allows me to watch everything anybody outside does without them knowing.No need for net curtains here.

When I first put the mirror up, and what a performance that was, a friend was asked several times if I had had an extension built with a big window.

So, all the time I am watching what they are doing out there, hey are having alook to see if they can find out what I am doing in here.

This is village life in the raw!

Robert

Robert Report 20 Nov 2014 11:06

Had a cataract operation last week and the World looks a much brighter place but when I look in the mirror, having the operation was maybe not so clever after all.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Nov 2014 11:19

I'm waiting for a shop with mirrors like we used to laugh, at the fair.

The shops could give us a choice........ bigger or smaller boobies, bums, big hair etc

:-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 20 Nov 2014 13:17

Scozz, you should see the face of that bugger staring at me first thing in the morning while I,m Shaving. Scares the Bloody life out of me. :-D :-D

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 20 Nov 2014 15:45

I'm sure mine makes me look fatter than I really am! :-( :-(

No harm in wishful thinking. :-) :-) :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Nov 2014 21:30

Merlin ~ maybe that old bugger is related to the scary mad woman who lives in my mirror :-D

If you want a fright, lay a mirror on a table, bend over and look into it for five minutes.

:-0

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Nov 2014 22:05

Then you will know why your wife keeps her distance!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 21 Nov 2014 01:07

:-D :-D

five minutes?? :-0

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Nov 2014 07:44

Mine is a special mirror, it brings people back from the dead! Each day when I look into mine, I see my Mother looking back at me! Now that's scary!

Lizx