General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fictional Families gedcom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

witelite

witelite Report 26 Nov 2014 11:16

Doe anyone know where you can download a gedcom file for the following fictional families

1. The ancient Greek Gods;
2. The Roman Gods;
3. The Dune Family Trees (science fiction novels by Frank Herbert);
4. Game of Thrones Family Trees (George R. R. Martin's series of fantasy novels)

Any help and information would be greatly appreciated

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Nov 2014 11:25

There's probably something on Ancestry.co.uk - All sorts of odd stuff is around!
You could also seach this site - as Micky Mouse is on one tree, there may be other fictional trees. If you do find one, send the owner a message - if they are still able to access their account they might be willing to open their tree to you.

Have you made an internet search for some of the names? That's basically what we would do.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Nov 2014 11:30

Atreides Family Tree
Owner: Nathaniel_Hermann
http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/25896167/family?cfpid=1735201786

+ several other versions

Unless you are a subscriber its unlikely that you can view it.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Nov 2014 11:39

Again, on Ancestry - looking for Lyanna Stark

ASOIAF Family Tree's
Public Member Tree
Unsourced photos Lyanna Stark
Birth: 266ac
Death: 283ac - Joy
Spouse: Rhaegar Targaryen
F: Rickard Stark

M: (Name Unknown)
Game of Thrones Family Tree
Public Member Tree
Unsourced Lyanna "Lya" Stark
Birth: 267al
Death: 283al
F: Lord Rickard Stark

M: (Name Unknown)
magickbetty's game of thrones tree
Public Member Tree
1 source photos Lyanna Stark
Birth: 1268
Death: 1284 - Joy
Spouse: Rhaegar "The Last Dragon" Targaryen
F: Rickard Stark

And a number more!!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Nov 2014 11:41

There are various sites which explain the relationships between the characters, but there doesn't appear to be a free site that you can download a gedcom from.

How about creating one for yourself off line using a tree programme? It will keep you out of mischief ;-) :-D

witelite

witelite Report 27 Nov 2014 12:31

Thank you for your reply.
I have been searching via google, but have been unable to find any gedcom files. Lots of pictures and charts.

I have had several links via Ancestry but they want credit card details prior to searching and from previous experience I found them not to be trusted with my credit card,

I have already started a "Greek Gods" family tree - I must say they were a lusty lot. and have some serious inbreeding. Olympus must have been quite crouded.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Nov 2014 12:46

Even if you were able to find a gedcom file on-line, you'd probably need to ask the owner of it to send it attached to an email.

Does anyone on GR have the mystical trees?

You can take out a free 14 day trial on Ancestry (and most other subscription sites). Just make sure that you phone them at least 4 days before the trial ends to cancel.
You must have been unfortunate before - I've never had any problems with them.

Have fun!! :-D