General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OKAY who ordered the snow!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 27 Nov 2014 00:13

We are not like the rest of Canada, we don't do snow! :-P or the cold temperature's It better not of be SylviaInCanada.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Nov 2014 00:16

I don't want to see another snowflake for the rest of my life!

Hate being cold. Really don't like spending 20 minutes getting outdoor clothes on before I can leave the house :-(

That's why I now live in the sub-tropics :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Nov 2014 01:22

we just have very heavy rain here :-)

mind you ................. I gather it will get cold again for the weekend, and the "s" word might just appear here. At least, on the mountain.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Nov 2014 03:12

blimey ..................

you've got a lot of snow!!!

Allan

Allan Report 27 Nov 2014 03:17

I'm torn, Scozz

I hate the heat and in summer I'm like a little, fat, troglodyte: never spend too much time outside :-(

When we were in NZ earlier this year it was fantastic, particularly in South Island where the snow was abundant. It didn't seem cold at all

What wasn't so nice was seeing the damage caused by the tail of the cyclone which hit after the main body struck Australia

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 27 Nov 2014 04:06

I know :-P :-P :-P

Come up here and help shovel it .................... please

You and your rain :-| :-| :-| <3

Allan

Allan Report 27 Nov 2014 05:01

Is it a big shovel? :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Nov 2014 05:13

RMS ..............

Rain is awful wet you know :-)

I think we ................ or rather OH .............. might be shovelling it next week :-)

I'm on orders not to walk more than absolutely necessary for the "next few days" ...............................

I'm sure I can stretch that out to after the snow falls :-D

Allan ............... I do prefer the cold to the heat ...................... I can always pile on the clothes to keep warm, but there's a limit to how many I can take off to keep cool

and we don't have air conditioning in our house .................. only very modern houses, built in the last 10 or so years, are built with air conditioning down here on the coast.

and I might be arrested for "frightening the horses" if I did strip off too much :-D

Allan

Allan Report 27 Nov 2014 05:30

:-D :-D :-D Sylvia

Same here: when you are cold, you can always get warm, but when you are hot, sheesh!

Our front room has a/c but you need to be very financial to run it :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Nov 2014 05:55

we use free-standing fans ......................... one in the bedroom, 1 in the family room, and 2 that are moved around as needed.

Actually, I had 2 in the bedroom this past summer, which was very hot for us ................ and OH retreated to the hide-a-bed in the basement!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Nov 2014 06:27

Oh dear, not nice at all! I have been reading about the bad winter we are supposed to expect here this year and not looking forward to it at all, I loathe the cold and hate not being able to get about safely. I plan to get well stocked up so I can almost hibernate if it gets really bad, and will leave o.h. to get the essentials on his way back from work.

I am ok with hot weather, there are no horses nearby lol

Take care everyone,

Lizxx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Nov 2014 07:10

If I had a choice, I'd rather have snow than cold rain & sleet :-(

We lived for 3 years in Minnesota & about 7 years in various parts of Europe. LOTS of snow. In some places, it was hard to deal with getting 5 minutes of "daylight".

It doesn't get as hot here as other parts of Oz, rarely gets above 35C, but the humidity in January & February knocks me around :-(

When it's hot & sticky I wear sarongs......... the horses can stay away!

Allan

Allan Report 27 Nov 2014 07:49

Just a sarong at twilight, Scozz ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Nov 2014 08:55

Look what they've done to my sarong Ma :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Nov 2014 17:46

:-D :-D :-D :-D