General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've been shopping

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Dec 2014 02:17

:-D

with my $1,000 voucher :-D :-D

Loads of fun....... it's amazing what you see and think you need :-D :-D

There are cardboard boxes, styrofoam & plastic bags all over the place.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Dec 2014 03:41

have you spent it all?????????? :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Dec 2014 03:57

All but $4 :-D

We wanted to get a new coffee maker, as the one we have (less than a year old) is driving us nuts.... it's supposed to be 12 cup, but we only make 6 because it you put more than 6 cups of water in the stupid thing, it leaks!

The shop only had the big expensive coffee machines ($1,000plus) that you need a licence to operate, or small espresso machines, which we have. The shop assistant said "we find most people buy their coffee at a cafe" :-S Yeah right, I'm going to get up in the morning, shower & dress & drive to a cafe, & pay $15 for a coffee. NOT!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Dec 2014 07:06

soooooooooooo

what did you buy???

I know, I know

I'm just being nosy :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 2 Dec 2014 07:17

Glad you had such fun shopping, but isn't your leaky machine still under guarantee? It's obviously faulty!

Enjoy your new toys

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 2 Dec 2014 08:56

I always keep receipts! DH doesn't. Guess who threw out the coffee maker receipt. :-|

We had $1,000, but were wondering what we could get, because we have everything we need. Not everything we want, there's a difference!

Coffee maker was on top of the list, but they didn't have one we liked.

New phones, because the ones we have are getting old, I have trouble hearing people (Yes, I DO use my good ear, not the deaf one :-) ); We bought a pack of three, so there are 'phones all over the house. We already have 'phones in the study & kitchen.

A Yoghurt maker. Good idea I thought, because I eat about 2Kg of yoghurt every week. Unpacked it, looked at the instructions, and realised I needed more things to make the yoghurt properly, like a thermometer & starter stuff..... 'phoned the company who makes them......... and paid $82 for the extras (more than twice what we paid for the yoghurt maker!)

A small hand mixer (mine is 25 years old and moody), a travel hair-dryer, a tower fan, a garment steamer, a steam mop, a hand vacuum cleaner, a waffle maker, headphones (so that DH can shoot aliens on his computer and not drive me mad), a milkshake maker (DH wanted that, even though I said a stick mixer does the same job), and a beard trimmer for DH.

Phew!

It feels like Christmas has come early.

:-D