General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Will you be spending Christmas with loved ones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 4 Dec 2014 19:23

If you are then please take time to remember those around you that will not be spending the holidays with anybody

If you are one of those people who will be alone this holiday then please shout out now, we may not be able to be there in person but many of us on here would be willing to be on line to keep you company.

Don´t be alone this Christmas xx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 4 Dec 2014 20:07

14 looks and no replies ...difficult I know. A subject we would rather ignore, don´t worry it happens all the time.

I would like you to think off the wall for a moment what if it was your child or grandchild, and don´t tell me they couldn´t because my parents said that also.

So what if was one of yours alone wouldn´t you hope that those they are in contact with would help?

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Dec 2014 20:22

Hi Uzzi ( i was one of the 14 who viewed earlier but got waylaid).

I won't be alone at Christmas as son will be here but will be here on and off if anyone wants to chat. I will phone 2 elderly friends, one will be making the best of things as she always does and she will see at least the person who brings her a Christmas dinner and talk to family and friend on the phone. The other will, I think, spend all day alone ( can't go there she can't come here, too far).

Christmas day can be a lonely time even for those who are in company, because of memories of happier or healthier days.

And the day is portrayed so often as an episode of'The Waltons' where all the family group happily together and noone argues, or retreats to their room, or wishes it were all over.

If you are alone, make it a day where you do what you enjoy, however un- Christmassy, and there will usually be someone here willing ( and very relieved probably!) to read and write posts that don't mention the word 'Christmas' at all ;-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 4 Dec 2014 20:38

Rose you were the last person I expected to be amongst the 14 (you are forgiven) but it does not surprise me that you are one errr the first to say that you will be here for the lonely on that day. Thank you xx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 4 Dec 2014 20:41

I will also be about even though this year I have my mother in law with me :-0 company after 10yrs is a bit scarey :-S

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 4 Dec 2014 21:05

Am I the only one to admit they will be on their own..
Iwill be looking in from time to time.. :-D :-D :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 4 Dec 2014 21:11

Sue you will not be alone,
Look in when you are ready for us <3 ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Dec 2014 21:18

not sure yet - son [train driver] daughter in law [nurse] might both be working - if they do we'll have Christmas Day on Boxing Day - that happened year before last - I was on my own, but it didn't bother me much - I do have my cat to converse with

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 4 Dec 2014 21:33

AnnCardiff I natter to my dogs all the time I love them and they love me but there are times when humans are better ....only just :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Dec 2014 02:02

No, I will be with OH.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Dec 2014 03:56

we're going to our daughter and s-i-l ........... on the other side of the country.

I have no idea what we are going to, they have been having problems this year, but it is our "year" to go.

No matter, we'll see the grandchild ................ the trip there and back will be fun!

we have not decided whether to take the laptop with us ...................... but if we do, and if I come on here, it is of course more likely to be in the night time :-)