General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Grand dad in india

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David Anthony

David Anthony Report 10 Dec 2014 15:37

How come i have a photo of him in Bangalore India in 1915 but Genes say they have no record of this this is not the first time this has happened

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Dec 2014 15:56

Was he military ? If so,his death record may be on FMP

Edit If he was in WW 1 and died in service then he should be on the CWGC site

A name would be needed if you want some help

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Dec 2014 16:32

what's his name please?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Dec 2014 17:48

If he was in a Military uniform he was probably posted over there.

Although up to 70% of WW1 service records have been destroyed in WW2 bombing, its still worth searching for his name. A medal card may have survived

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person%5Cdefault.htm

Many search results lead to the subscription sites Ancestry or Findmypast. If you wanted to search for your self, copy and paste the NA result and members with the appropriate sub can have a look for you.