General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Friends

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 16 Dec 2014 20:44

Had a friend round today we haven't had chance for coffees once a week in my front room due to so much junk hanging round rolls of lining paper
and bins of soggy wallpaper the wood chip type,well my friend and i chatted for a couple of hours,putting the world to rights our way of course.
neither of us can wrap up presents so as usual we exchange carrier bags plus wrapping paper for our oh to do tho honor ,
her oh picks her up ,
and why do we understand each other,
she had a stroke a few years ago and like me with my probs she
can understand what and why.and we laugh a hell of a lot
and it makes us feel so good
but the funnyist bit is the both of us trying to carry the coffee from kitchen to front room. ,
without spilling it an we havnt managed it yet

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Dec 2014 07:58

Oh bless you Gwen, I am glad spending time with your friend is so good for you both.

Have been wondering how you could move your coffees without spillage. Now assuming you don't have a coffee pot, maybe you could pour the coffee into a teapot or if it's instant, make it in the pot and put pot, sugar and milk, mugs and bikkies, onto a trolley to wheel through?

Hope you can continue to spend time with your friend and solve the problem too

Love

Lizxx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 17 Dec 2014 08:06

THANKS LIZZ,THINK YOU'D LIKE HER
AS WELL,SHE'S VERY DOWN TO EARTH
AND TOGETHER WE HAVE A GOOD OLD LAUGH XXX

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Dec 2014 08:21

nothing better than having a good laugh with a good friend :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Dec 2014 08:41

That brings it all back.

Trying to work out ways for Fred to do things.

The idea of a little tea trolley springs to mind but that would leave you with a tea trolley hanging around your house.

Fred had a Bexhill table on his wheelchair which made him available for light haulage and provided a handy taxi service for the cat who was never allowed to walk from room to room!

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 17 Dec 2014 11:55

A good laugh with friends is one of the best thing in the world :-D :-D <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Dec 2014 12:18

Lovely for you to have a catch up with your friend and I am sure she feels the same way. What a pity you can't manage it more often though. Maybe you could get hold of a couple of those cups used for picnics and walking that have lids. You could then remove the lids when you get to the other room. The ones we have are not hard to take off and put on. Or make a flask of coffee and carry it in the other room to pour. Might save either of you getting scalded.
Hope you feel buoyed up all day by your laughter this morning. <3

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 17 Dec 2014 12:29

my children gave me a two layer trolley three years ago or so when I was very limited in movement after an accident (one daughter then working in a respite care home land she knew!) - and I have never stopped using it. The level are staggered so that one way round I can tuck my knees under it and use the top layer as a table - and generally around the house it is having two trays on wheels for moving around bins, mugs, laundry, rubbish - every home should have one! It's a good extra bedside table too - mugs, medicines. books, tablet