General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How sad can some christmases be

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Dec 2014 13:55

We lost our dad on the 19th Dec 1975 so that christmas was awful , we had to wait to the 31st Dec to say our goodbyes

Sadly our sister lost her hubby of 55 years yesterday and so near to Christmas again its waiting to get papers and to register his death before any funeral arrangements can be looked at.

Not a good year as we lost our brother too on the 31st August

2014 hasn't been a good year for my family . sadly though as we all get older these events are inevitable :-( :-( :-(

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 21 Dec 2014 13:59

Hope 2015 is much better than 2014 for you all.

You are so right about how sad Christmas can be when everyone else is enjoying themselves.

Sympathy to you all. <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Dec 2014 14:04

Thank you Pat xx

It does make you ponder on how we are all getting older and someday we will all be on the GRO records

I know I shouldn't be morbid but sometimes it just hits you below the belt.

Feel so for my sister and their children ,grandchildren Grt grandchildren. My hubby is older and not in the best of health either

Sorry but this loss makes me feel very low as I had known her hubby since I was 17 and she was 14. they lived three doors down from us and our sister did his mums shopping for her on a Saturday and as she got older they got together and married in 1959 when she was 19

Von

Von Report 21 Dec 2014 14:41

Shirley
Thinking of you and your family. <3
Take care
Von

Linda

Linda Report 22 Dec 2014 14:07

Thinking of you Shirley we lost my MIL on boxing 1989 and although we where not married at the time (long story) we did get married in 1994 but he died in 1996 but Christmas 1989 was aweful but we were lucky it was just over a week till the funeral <3 <3

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 22 Dec 2014 14:25

Shirley it is so sad. Thinking of you and family. You may remember I lost my dad in October and feel very low some days.
Also thinking of everyone who has lost loved ones this year.

Love to you all
Sylvia <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Dec 2014 14:50

Sorry to hear that Shirley, my condolences to your sister.

My Dad died Christmas dat 2001 he had lived a good age he was 93 but it was still hard at .Christmas.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 22 Dec 2014 16:44

Oh dear, Ann, we have something in common. My dad also died on Christmas Day but the year was 2000 and he wasn't quite the great age that your dad was, he was 86. Certainly takes the magic out of Christmas, doesn't it?

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 22 Dec 2014 17:31

Shirley I am sorry for your sister and for the family on the loss of your brother, The 1st year without is always the hardest. I hope 2015 is a better year for you.

Ann and Margee my heart goes out because if I had lost my Dad Christmas Day , Christmas really would have been cancelled.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 22 Dec 2014 19:11

Our Christmas is always a bit sad. My darling Dad died at the age of 56 on 17th Dec 1969. Darling mother in law on Boxing day 2014 , the day and year of the Tsunami and Sister in law on Xmas day 3 years ago.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Dec 2014 19:28

I know how you feel, and my sincere condolences to you and family...

three sisters all married in 1960. two in august and one in December,
the third one, her husband born 1940 Nov29.
married 17 December 1960, died 19th December 2014..........

yes Christmas can be a sad time....RIP Peter.......

My own mother married 22 Dec 1934, died 30th Dec 1980

RIP Mum n Dad

Bob

lavender

lavender Report 23 Dec 2014 23:31

So sorry for you all, sincere condolences <3