General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bin Lorry Swerves Into Pedestrians

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 22 Dec 2014 15:20

George Square, Glasgow
Reports say at least two fatalities

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/304454-serious-road-accident-in-glasgow-george-square/

EDIT: Six people are confimed to have died in this tragedy

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 22 Dec 2014 15:35

GlasgowLass <3 as I posted on Mersey's thread - another tragic accident in Glasgow - a bin lorry has mounted the pavement, ploughed into pedestrians, and ended up crashing into a hotel in George Square which is one of the City's busiest areas and there are reports of at least six fatalities :-(

Like you, I have family and many friends in Glasgow and I hope that no one we know was in that vicinity at the time the accident occurred, if they were I pray they are safe and well.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who may have been injured and to the family and friends of those who have been killed <3

Fly

Fly Report 22 Dec 2014 15:37

So sad <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 22 Dec 2014 15:44

So very sad and tragic....... <3

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 22 Dec 2014 16:11

So Tragic. Thinking of all the families and friends of the people in this Tragic accident.

GinN

GinN Report 22 Dec 2014 17:30

A terrible thing to happen. My heart goes out to all the families affected <3

Robert

Robert Report 22 Dec 2014 20:16

A tragic, tragic accident at any time of the year but more so in Christmas week.

So many people involved directly and indirectly.

I have passed over the same streets many times when I worked in Glasgow.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Dec 2014 20:23

What a dreadful thing to happen, especially at this time of year. My elderly cousin went to stay with her daughter and family who live there, last week. I am hoping and praying no one from the family hs been affected. I have texted her but had no reply.

My thoughts are with all those injured and all the families whose lives will never be the same.

Also thinking of our friends from here who live and work in the area.

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 22 Dec 2014 20:30

terrible, especially so close to Christmas.

I have family in Glasgow, I hope everyone is OK.

Very, very sad. <3

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 22 Dec 2014 20:44

How very sad :-(

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 22 Dec 2014 21:00

Just been out to a meal and have just checked the news as we returned.

Terrible tragedy, heartfelt thoughts going out to all those involved, including the emergency services.

RIP and I hope survivors recover. <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Dec 2014 21:16

Very Sad ,terrible to see this any time of year but Christmas especialy God Love all of them . <3

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 22 Dec 2014 22:59

Horrendous!! my heart goes out to everyone involved and my sympathies to those who lost family and friends. <3

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 23 Dec 2014 12:45

Three of the six victims of the Glasgow bin lorry crash were members of the same family, BBC Scotland understands.

Jack Sweeney, his wife Lorraine, and granddaughter Erin McQuade, were named on social media as among the dead.

The family must be devastated - May the R.I.P. <3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30583678