General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Time for a rest

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Dec 2014 00:16

Everything is ready (ish).

Turkey in the fridge, ready for the oven. Veggies all done, most sitting in bowls of water.

Pot of chicken necks bubbling away, to make stock for the gravy......... whatever happened to getting the giblets with a turkey?

Table set. Important stuff done, including making sure the wine & beer are in the fridge.

I'm going to sit on my behind with a book, because there will be LOADS to do this afternoon, in a HOT house with the oven on.

Merry Christmas everyone <3

:-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Dec 2014 00:23

Merry Christmas Scozz.
We've still got Christmas Eve to go in the UK :-D

lavender

lavender Report 24 Dec 2014 00:23

Make sure the giblets are not placed at the other end! I have cooked them inside wrapped in plastic before now!

I'm envious of your readiness! :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Dec 2014 01:49

It's Christmas Eve here, just gone 12.45pm.

DH & I got into the way of having our "big" dinner on Christmas Eve, when we lived in Europe. We spend Christmas Day just grazing. Nice and lazy. I don't think either of us would enjoy a big hot meal in the middle of the day..... it's warm today, and looks like it's going to be warmer tomorrow.

DH is out and about somewhere...... I know he's meeting mates at the golf club for a beer (he said ONE! yeah, right) this afternoon.

If we feel like it tomorrow, we might go for a walk on the beach............ and I'll think of all of you, freezing your **** off!

Lavender ~ I checked for giblets, there was only the neck... that's burbling away with the chicken necks. One of the joys of Christmas, spending time with your hand up a turkey's.......... :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Dec 2014 11:20

Have a lovely time Scozz, when we are home on our own we do the same, Turkey christmas eve and graze christmas day. However it is 11.15sm here, cold dry and sunny after 3 very wet days. We are in a basement bedroom with a soggy carpet so oh is busy mopping up, somehow the rain has got in, nothing can be done about it until after christmas. Daughter can't do much as she is busy caring for her other half so we just paddle in and out of bed. Waiting now for Grandsons and grand daughter in law and great grandson to arrive. :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2014 13:01

just about to make the sherry trifle - iced the Christmas cake - will probably do the veg in a mo - have to have a dinner ready for 12 noon tomorrow as son and dil are both working at 2:00 pm

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 24 Dec 2014 13:17

LadyScozz :-) Wishing you and yours "A Very Merry Christmas & A Happy & Prosperous New Year" <3

Lang May Yer Lum Reek :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Dec 2014 17:40

º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°

´*•.¸(*•.¸ Merry Christmas Scozz ¸.•*´)¸.•*´

º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°

Prickles. xxxx :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 24 Dec 2014 20:10

Thanks for the good wishes.......... sending them back to you.

Christmas day here........ 7.05am.

Made pigs of ourselves last night (as usual), opened presents...... I went off to bed early to read... and fell asleep!

Have a great day everyone......... I hope you've all been good, so Santa brings you a nice toy, not a lump of coal. :-D

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3