General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wrong again

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wisechild

wisechild Report 24 Dec 2014 15:30

Oh thinks he is going to do his last minute shopping this evening.
I know from experience that apart from the big supermarkets, everywhere in Menorca closes at about 2pm on Christmas Eve
OH is Spanish & he knows better´so either he will be in a foul mood tomorrow or I will get a kilo of spuds for my Christmas present.
Wish me luck.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2014 16:11

sounds like you're gonna need it :-D

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 24 Dec 2014 22:19

Enjoy your kilo of spuds!!! :-D

My OH always thinks he can do all his Christmas shopping in about half an hour, just a day or two before Christmas eve....he thinks it will all present itself in front of him during that half hour's shopping expedition!! :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 24 Dec 2014 22:37

I KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER BOUGHT
A PRESENT FOR ANYONE,
HIS STORY IS
ITS IN A SHOP WINDOW AND CANT DISTURB THE
DISPLAY, :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Dec 2014 01:31

Hope he isn't too grumpy, and your pressie is better then spuds

I had to get o.h. to pay for the new pjs I bought as he couldn't think of anything to get me.but he hasn't noticed I put a couple of other clothing items on his card as well, spotted them in Sainsburys and 'forgot' I was using the household credit card lol He did get me this tablet for my birthday and last year's Christmas pressie which was expensive.

I bought him new pjs too which he doesn't know about, they are badly needed as the ones I got him ages back are really tatty. He is so diffficult to buy for, no hobbies or interests really, doesn't read books,and not into aftershave etc or jewellery or trendy clothes. No nice jumpers, he doesn't like them, and wrecks zippers.

I went to my son's yesterday to deliver pressies, they were all trying their new Christmas pjs on, lol Defo a pj year this year.

Merry Christmas, wisechild, hope your day will be bearable

Lizxx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 25 Dec 2014 07:39

WONDERS WHAT SORT OF PRESSIE THEY HAD IN THE GARAGE

wisechild

wisechild Report 25 Dec 2014 07:53

Well, it turned out to be a scarf....which I never wear, bought with €20 he borrowed from me.
Marginally better than spuds.
Happy Christmas to all.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Dec 2014 08:08

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

well hope you have a good time in spite of old misery guts!!!! :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 25 Dec 2014 08:24

DID YOU GET HIM ANYTHING
FROM THE SAME GARAGE

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 25 Dec 2014 08:30

Wear the scarf to keep you warm.

We don't do presents for each other, over the years OH's idea of presents haven't been mine and been disasters. I now get myself what I want and he does the same. OH has just bought 3 very nice lambs wool tops after I pointed them out and I had more new clothes and shoes as I've had to replace my whole wardrobe due to weight loss. :-D

wisechild

wisechild Report 26 Dec 2014 06:29

Actually Dizzi I suspect it was the Chinese cheap shop.

The scarf isn´t likely to keep me warm. It´s very thin & to make matters worse, it´s brown. I have a black coat & a blue jacket.
Still, I suppose I should be grateful.

Bought him wifi headphones & now he´s complaining because he can´t work out how to set them up, even with the Spanish instructions :-| :-| :-|

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Dec 2014 09:18

pardon my French - but what a miserable git you married - can't you ditch him?

I suspect you still have a sense of humour amidst it all - I hope 2015 improves his temperament

wisechild

wisechild Report 26 Dec 2014 10:58

Don´t hold your breath Ann.
Yes, my sense of the ridiculous is about the only thing thst keeps me going. ;-) ;-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Dec 2014 05:01

You could always use the scarf to strangle him, wisechild, lol

So glad you manage to smile in spite of the situation

Lizxx

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 27 Dec 2014 11:33

Save up all the money that you usually spend on him and when you have enough take yourself on a short break. You get peace and quiet and time to yourself and hopefully he will miss you while you've gone and realise the error of his ways.

Wendy x

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 27 Dec 2014 15:11

MY OH DIDN'T GET ME ANYTHING

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Dec 2014 16:44

I bet Wisechild will give you her scarf!!!!

GinN

GinN Report 27 Dec 2014 17:56

My OH and me had a pact not to buy presents for each other this year. So what does he go and do?

Buys me surprise presents! :-0

Unfortunately, I kept my part of the bargain, poor bloke :-( ;-) ;-) ;-)