General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thank You Big G Thank You.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Dec 2014 12:18

Yesterday my OH cooked the Christmas dinner while I wallowed in the lavender oiled bath. I do that a lot since I lost the plot. It is where I sleep and sort out my mind.

When I can, I do manage to cook a meal for him when he comes home and I can't pretend that he hasn't played a large part in my losing the plot but he has patiently let me sit it out and get through it and now I think it might be happening..

Yes, the dinner was lovely, so was the pudding but I made that!

We had already done the present thing, he bought me a mobile that I wanted (the one that does the least possible and costs £20) and I had dipped into Fred's insurance money to buy decent presents for those who have supported me this year, family tree software for M and OH and Fred's mate are going, next month, to do the luxury guided tour of Wembley Stadium where they will have a soft drink and be given a gift that I don't think I will covet! OH knows where he is going, Fred's mate just knows he is going somewhere.

Once I had dragged my sad bones down the stairs there was another present under the tree. Even although it could be construed as encouraging my paedophilia (I am four years older than his mother!) , OH had bought me a copy of the Guy Martin autobiography! The other two had left lavender presents under the tree.

The best thing that happened yesterday was a bit odd and may not seem significant but I have fairly deliberately not paid any attention to my mediaeval research for a long time now because it was just too big for me to contemplate but I did catch a programme called Going Mediaeval the other night.

Yesterday, in the bath, I found myself contemplating what effect terriane had on Mediaeval communications. Yes, I know it is a bit sad but, at least I am !being brave a tiny peep inside my inner mind again.

Excuse the rant but thanks Big G.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Dec 2014 15:07

Glad you had a good Christmas, Sharon, all things considered.
Fred's mates present sounds lovely.
Love the fact you were given lavender-based presents - do you think they're trying to tell you something - like relax!!

As for contemplating the effect of the terrain to Mediaeval communications - not odd at all. Your mind had the opportunity to forget current problems/immediate needs etc and focus on your inner thoughts.
Here's something else to ponder, look up and dream about. You may have heard about it, or I may have mentioned it before, but it's Boxing Day so I shall proceed.
:-D :-D

Maud heath's Causeway in Wiltshire.
Friend and I were pootling about in his car when we saw this raised structure by the side of the road.
Intrigued, I delved into my Arthur Mee on Wiltshire, I usually take one or two when we go out for a drive, and it identified it as Maud Heath's Causeway, built prior to 1474, when she died.

I'm also intrigued by sunken lanes, and, when we get home, I look at maps to try and work out why they were so popular in times gone by, as, quite often they seem to lead nowhere nowadays!
:-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Dec 2014 16:33

Is it in Victoria County History?

That is usually the place to start.

They all know to give me lavender. I told the doctor I didn't want to take anti- depressants. I would do it myself using, tea, knitting, lavender and toffees.

The dose of toffee has been greatly reduced today, the knitting is easing a bit but the tea and lavender are there for life I think.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Dec 2014 17:03

Not sure, Sharron, but if you Google it, there's quite a bit.

Glad to hear the toffee 'prescription' is diminishing. :-D

My doctor told I was suffering from depression/high anxiety, but wouldn't give me anything (thank goodness).
He told me: 'You know 'things' won't get any better if you stay where you are', which led to my resigning.

He was right. I just needed to leave the place of gross mismanagement, and within 5 weeks was off the pills for arrhythmia. If this carries on, should be off the blood pressure pills by the middle of January :-D

Still smoke and imbibe very weak red wine - but that's just because I like them
:-D

lavender

lavender Report 27 Dec 2014 00:16

Glad you are getting through it, Sharron. Well done for persevering with your natural treatments and paying attention to your inner-self. Keep knitting, eating toffees and sipping tea (preferably with a biccy or two).

Hope that the new year will be good to you, there's plenty to look forward to, gardening seed catalogues for your veggies. I always enjoy a good browse, even online.

Sorry you aren't nearer, you could have shared some of my raised beds, I could do with a gardening buddy.

Take care, thinking of you :-) <3