General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What a conundrum

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Dec 2014 15:18

Had a late breakfast.
Felt hungry just now.
Looked in fridge. There's a large, unopened tub of double cream, use by date 28 December, and a box of various cheeses, use by date tomorrow.
Do I have hot mince pies (in the plural) with lashings of cream or biscuits & cheese?

Mince pies won it - cheese will only mature, cream will go off. :-D

Must remember to put cream in my coffee.

S*d any diet!.......though I will feel a little sorry for my arteries for the next few days.

'Dinner' will be bubble & squeak with cold turkey

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 26 Dec 2014 22:17

:-D :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Dec 2014 04:54

Enjoy your goodies, Maggie, you can work off the excess later lol

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Dec 2014 09:10

On the phone to my sister last night.
She told me how many calories there are in 2 mince pies - let alone the double cream :-P

Ah well, only 6 mince pies to go.

Prepared the base for turkey curry. I think some may have to go in the freezer......

Barbara

Barbara Report 27 Dec 2014 10:57

My breakfast this morning - prawn crackers, cocktail sausages and trifle. We had a family buffet yesterday!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Dec 2014 11:25

At daughters from where I am sitting I can see 6 boxes of mince pies unopened. They do have a Janusry date on but I am sure sill keep a bit longer too.

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Dec 2014 11:41

As it is Christmas, shouldn't you have both along with most of a tin of Quality Street?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Dec 2014 11:51

It may be Christmas - but I can only eat so much!!!

I didn't buy any tins of sweets, but do have an unopened bar of Marmite chocolate :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Dec 2014 12:02

Wow, didn't know you could get that.

Shame to pollute the taste of Marmite with chocolate though!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Dec 2014 14:39

I'll let you know what I think of it when I've tasted it :-D

Mind you, I'm one of the few people who liked the marmite cereal bars, that could be bought for a limited time a few years ago. I say for a limited time, as I haven't been able to find any for ages. :-(

Have you tried the Marmite Flatbreads? Delicious with butter. :-D